The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Bill Burner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
I had the good fortune to see Ron teach this trick when he lectured to our club at MSU, and he has now released it as a PDF to the community at large.

Basically, a bill is borrowed, signed, and wrapped around a clear cigarette lighter, then secured with a rubber band. The magician's hand closes, then opens to reveal the bill is gone! You can then reproduce the bill from pretty much anywhere.

Ron's creativity seems to know no bounds. This is a great trick! For being as lazy as I am, I immediately went out and constructed the gimmick. You bet I use it!

You can see it online at http://www.magicjax.com/billburner.html
jcrai
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jcrai
I couldn't agree more. This is a very cool and easy to do trick.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Can it be done with any currency?
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Quote:
On 2005-06-03 17:24, h_A_Z wrote:
Can it be done with any currency?

Yes it is.
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
I am sure that this one will be just as good as his first release. Smile Hope he sells tons of them.

Later,
James
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks for the kind words guys and I'm glad you like it.

On the matter of if it can be done with any currency. Yes, it can be done with any denomination of American currency. This is covered in the PDF file. Currency in other countries might effect how the gimmick is constructed though. The width of the bill/note can't be wider then the body of the lighter is long (See image on my site for better understanding).

I realize that vanishing a dollar bill isn't a difficult thing to do with just sleight of hand. But there are some points about this trick that can give you some advantages over just vanishing the bill with sleight of hand.

For one thing. The bill is gone or can even be loaded into something before the spectators even know the trick started. So if you're going to make the bill appear in something that uses some kind of trap door or loading mechanism such as a bill tube. The bill can be loaded and the tube is on the table before the bill vanishes.

Another thing that I think makes this kind of trick effective is the fact that the lighter and rubber band is still there after the bill is gone. Let me explain. If you where you wrap the bill around a lighter (or any object) and fasten in place with a rubber band. Then caused the lighter, rubber band and bill to vanish. Then that kind of tells the spectators that you did sleight of hand with the lighter and everything on it. But if you put it all in your hand and then only the bill is gone. Then it seems a little more impossible because the lighter and rubber band is still there. I hope that makes sense.

Lastly. The method is pretty unique. I have to bite my tongue to prevent myself from telling people how it's done after I perform it because the method is almost as neat as the effect you do with it.

Anyway. I just wanted to mention those things. I've been performing this for about a year now and it gets a pretty good reaction. People often grab my other hand as soon as the bill vanishes to see if I somehow took it off the lighter. There's nothing to find at that point so it's pretty strong.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Is it signable and is the lighter examinable?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yes, you can have the bill signed. The gimmicked lighter is not examinable but it's easy enough to switch it for a normal one. You won't need any sleight of hand to switch it either. Simple presentation can allow you to switch it for a normal lighter. Besides. After the bill vanishes you bring their attention to where the bill travels to so no one will even be thinking about the lighter at that point. This gives you plenty of time to subtly toss a normal lighter on the table.

I hope that helps.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Ron,

How easy/hard is it to construct the gimmick to for this effect?

Thanks

Adam
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Very easy. I'd be surprised if it took anyone more then about ten minutes to construct the gimmick. You will need a clear cigarette lighter (see the add page for an image of the type of lighter used). They are commonly found in gas stations. Completely clear ones are a little hard to come by but yellow clear ones work well too. It doesn't really matter what color it is. As long as they can see through it.

Most people will have everything they need to make it right in their homes but even if you didn't you could buy everything needed for a few dollars.

Thanks for the positive feed back to those who have Emailed me. I'm glad you like it.

Ron Jaxon

Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Got the .PDF today while at work.
If I’d had the lighter, I could have made it right then.
I’m looking forward to playing with this.

Nice one Ron.

Gavin D.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
300 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I just purchased this. Ron, this trick is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ! Darned clever too.

What can I say ? You've done it again, sir.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
I've got it too.....ingenious! Lookng forward to playing with it!

Adam
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm glad you guys enjoy it. Right now I'm trying to track down a good source for the completely clear lighters to make available because they are a little hard to come by. Colored/clear lighters such as yellow or light blue work just fine and you can pick them up at most gas stations. IT really doesn't look better with the completely clear lighters though so I'm going to try and make them available. I won't charge more then a couple of dollars for them. Or if I can find an online source where you can just pick up one or two of them then I'll just put a link here on the Café to that source.

One other things I wanted to mention is something I discovered the other day with this gimmick. In my PDF download called BAR TAB there's a trick called "Bic Sticker." It shows how to make a little gimmick to make this impromptu trick a little more convincing. I'm sure anyone who knows the paddle move will understand how you can cause the sticker on a lighter to vanish and appear. It can't be done very well with a clear lighter though because they'd be able to see the lighter on the other side when it's supposed to be vanished. Using the principle of Bill Burner Clear you can do this with a clear lighter. It actually looks pretty cool when you do it. If you use two lighters you can cause the sticker to travel from one to the other.

So for those who know how it's done give it a try with the sticker. It's pretty neat.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Has anyone tried it with the sticker yet? If you picked the original (Bill burner clear) PDF and want more details on doing it with the sticker let me know. I'm going to be making a new PDF for the Bill Burner Clear and add this sticker version as a bonus. So if you already have the old one then Email me and I'll get you the new version too as soon as I got it finished (Be a day or two because this is a holiday week end). I figure most will know what I mean by the sticker version just by my description of the effect, but just in case I'll add it in there.

Ron Jaxon

Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Got it today...
Easy shopping, easy Trick, big Magic...

Thanks Mr. Jaxon
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just updated the PDF file. It now has some bonus ideas and tricks including the version with the sticker. They all employ the same principle as Bill Burner Clear.

If you already have the E-book then you can Email me with proof of purchase to magicjaxon@aol.com (just tell me the Email address you ordered with and I'll check my records) and I'll send you the new file with the bonus ideas. Those who haven't picked it up yet can just use the normal purchase link on my site and it'll send you the updated file.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Ron Jaxon

evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks Ron for such a clever and creative trick. It's well worth the money. The method is ingenious.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
Thanks too for this very god idea !

Ange.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Have any of you tried this with other objects as shown in the bonus ideas? I'm having a lot of fun with the sticker and the lighter becoming clear. I use the "slowly becoming clear" to make the lighter slowly vanish.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Bill Burner (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL