The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Bill Burner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I must say, I have seen Ron perform this many times, and cool to watch even though I know the method. The lighter and bill look natural in his hands, like they were meant to be there. Ron is so creative in the way he thinks about and approaches magic, he has inspired my thinking towards magic.

I really like that Ron designs his magic idea with simple methods because they always get great reactions. Keep the good ideas coming!

TomK
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
You know I cannot find a clear ligher anywhere in Iceland..BBRRRRR I need a coat.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I bought this on impulse today... It's absolutely fantastic! What an incredible effect. I am going to be using this all the time.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17082 Posts

Profile of joseph
Are we talking just a plain, $1 Bic clear lighter? I'd like to find a lighter first, or I will go crazy with just instructions and no lighter.... Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yes, it just uses those plain clear lighters you can find in gas stations for about a dollar. The colored/clear lighter are easy to find (red,yellow,blue,green,etc..). The completely clear ones are what's hard to come by. When I can't find those I usually use a yellow/clear one.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
The idea is very clever. I like it alot.
The prop doesn't take up much pocket space. If someone asks me to perform something impromptu, this will be the effect I would do.

At the end, it instantly resets and your good to go again.
A winner.
Kudos to you Ron.
Brillus
View Profile
New user
Italy
73 Posts

Profile of Brillus
I purchased another effect from Ron, the beautifoul "Outsmokin" and I wasn't disappointed... I'm sure this one has the same quality.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I actually found clear lighters at my local gas station. They had a bunch of them for $.69 each. I bought two but one of them had no lighter fluid in it. Weird.

Anyway, this effect kills. I showed it to a magician friend of mine and he loved it. Definitely a killer anytime, anywhere effect.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Magic-FX
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Magic-FX
I just bought the eBook today, and WOW! I made the gimmick in less than 5 minutes. It's really easy to make, and even easier to perform. I cant wait to try it out on laymen.

Im actually thinking of using it in the pocket tricks drive this month at the society, however my rubber band routine is starting to look quite hot so I will be a tough one.

I have made one gimmick with a note, and I am also considering making one with the card as a possible ending to my Ambitious Card Routine. Need to get more see through lighters. Just a quick note aswell, I used a lighter with an orange colour to it. This was really good at masking the skin tone. I have very pale skin, and the orange tinge to the gimmick really masks the colour difference. Might not be for everyone however I like it.

Anyway guys this is an excellant book and an awesome effect. Well worth a look for any Close-Up worker!

Scotty
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Cfrancis:
Could you possibly tell me the brand of clear lighter you found? I want to make them available but if I can just let people know what prand makes them in clear they should be able to just find one themselves. As you said, lighters of this kind are rarely over a dollar.

Magic-FX:
Yellow seems to work well for me (and of course clear when I can find them). I look forward to reading how it goes when you try it out in the real world. Oh and if you make one for cards it's best to strip the card before making the gimmick.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I was doing some searching for more of the clear cigarette lighters and look what I stumbled on. The exact light I've been looking for has been recalled. Click the below link and look at the lighter on the far right in the image. It's the perfect lighter for the bill Burner trick.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml01/01120.html

Go figure.. Smile

Ron Jaxon

Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
This is a jaw dropping vanish of a dollar bill. I fry people everyday with this.
One second it is rubberbanded around the lighter the next second it's gone,only the rubber band is still around the lighter!

Always in my pocket.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm so glad you like Bill Burner R.Roth.

Let me share a few of the ways I've been using it lately.

Bill in cigarette
This is pretty much self explanatory. If you're a smoker (and I'm not suggesting you smoke). A cigarette is a perfect place to make the bill travel too when using a lighter.

Bill in Straw
This has nothing to do with the other trick I'm working out with a bill and straw but here's a way to use (Bill Burner Clear) with a straw. The bill is borrowed and rolled around the lighter and held in place with a rubber band. You Pick up a clear straw and use the lighter to melt the ends closed. Display the bill on the lighter in your hand then close your fist around it. Use the straw like a magic wand and make a wave over the lighter. Open your hand and the bill has vanished from the lighter. Bring their attention to the sealed straw and they see that the bill is now inside it.

Bill in Mint tin
I use those little altoids mint tins for this. The method is the shuttle pass method used in other bill or card in box effects. What I like about the mint tin is that when you do the shuttle pass, mints come out of the box too and creates the perfect illusions of the bill falling out. It's easy to steal the real borrowed bill from your pocket as you put the lighter away.

Well, I just thought I'd share some of those routines I've been doing with it. I came up with them after the E-book was released.

Ron Jaxon

themartyr
View Profile
Regular user
ca.
105 Posts

Profile of themartyr
Havent prepared the gimmick yet but this looks like its going to be a lot of fun. Cool effect for that anytime magic.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2005-11-18 00:23, themartyr wrote:
Havent prepared the gimmick yet but this looks like its going to be a lot of fun. Cool effect for that anytime magic.

Do it. It looks like pure magic.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
R. Roth, you changed your nickname? or have multiples?

Ron, I like that idea of using bill in straw. That could be done with a signed bill, right? It would also make a great give-away to have a bill inside the straw with sealed ends.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
MrClue
View Profile
New user
Germany
31 Posts

Profile of MrClue
Greetings all,

first off, this effect and the idea behind it rocks. Thanks again, Ron.

So here is my story about it:
finally after searching for the apt lighters, I constructed the gimmick and after a while of practice I presented the effect to my wife.
When the bill was gone, she was so utterly suprised, that she grabbed the lighter (!!) because she could not at all believe it.
How could this happen ?! The gimmick looks perfect. I almost fooled myself the first time.

Maybe my mistake was, that I only wanted to vanish the bill, and not make it appear somewhere else. Was that the wrong premise for this effect ?
Is a pure vanish for this effect maybe 'too perfect' ?
I made sure, that there was no challenge in the routine either.

If you like, pls advise. Very much appreciated.

Thx,
Stephan
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm glad you like Bill Burner Stephan.

Sorry that happened to you though. I do suggest you do something else with the bill after you vanish it. Because as you said the vanish is so compelling and impossible that they can't help but to want to find a solution. Here's a couple of suggestions.

After the bill vanishes go into your pocket right away to get something. It can be something to use to make the bill reappear or something for an entirely different trick. While you're in your pocket ditch the gimmick lighter and pull out a duplicate (ungimmicked) lighter with a rubber band around it. So they'll think it's the one you just used to vanish the bill. Then casually drop it on the table as you look in another pocket for what ever you are looking for. If you do this very casually the non-gimmicked lighter will be on the table by the time they decide they want to inspect the lighter. So you're ahead of them.

If you like you can add a little humor to this. After the bill vanishes act surprise that it's gone and say, "Oops, I lost your bill. Do you have another one? "As you say this you go to your pocket as if you're looking for another bill and do the lighter switch then.

These suggestions are for situations like you described where the bill will not be reproduced. Or not reproduced right away. A borrowed bill is usually returned in most cases so it's best to move onto the production or impossible location right after the vanish.

I hope that helps.

Ron Jaxon

johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
WOW...great trick, just got it and I can't wait to make it. Funny thing I just saw a bunch of these lighters a couple weeks ago and can't remember where, Ghar!!!

This is truly brilliant thinking, Thanks Ron! Smile

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Brilliant effect Ron! Now all I need is a lighter....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Bill Burner (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL