The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Stand up comedy magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
Hey guys,
There just opened up a stand-up comedy club around where I live. Even though I am also a comedian with so many performers in Atlantic City, I thought doing magic would be a more prefered variety. In the world of stand-up comedy night at the club, what effects would you reccommend to produce a "Im A COMEDIAN that does magic" feel.
(Yes friends I do realize that comedy is personality and me, but I would just like your input on effects that would work.)
Thanks for input
ROGERJ
For by GRACE are you saved through faith and not of YOURSELVES it is the GIFT of God NOT OF WORKS so no man can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9
All RogerJ products can be found at www.skilledmagic.8k.com
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Did you ever watch Steve Martin back in the day?
You can use just about anything really from sponge balls to spoon bending it really is what you say and do with them that will make you a comedian doing a trick that's funny.
cheers and good luck chris
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
If you are a comedian why not show some magic wands and their uses. Example: show a wand with a bicycle bell - magic wand for deaf people. Go get the spring wand or other wands. Children’s entertainers use them a lot but if you (as a comedian) show them with a different look at it. It might be hilarious.
rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
Chris--you are right, thanks for reminding me of him....I just saw some footage of FLYDINI from the Carson show, HILARIOUS
Robert--good idea, I like the fact that I can establish myself as a magician yet can use my comedy with magic props.

If you have some favorite vidoes of magic being done at night clubs I would also appreciate it.
Thanks again
ROGERJ
For by GRACE are you saved through faith and not of YOURSELVES it is the GIFT of God NOT OF WORKS so no man can boast.
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
That is great, I would love to see you perform. Comedy is one way to get the Audiance to enjoy your shows more. Every Magician is a Comedian(well atleast up to a certain extent)
rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
Thanks drkptrs1975.

Are there any videos of magicians doing their comedy act that is magic? I'm just about to buy Brad Henderson Satanic booktest. I've seen it performed and it is HILARIOUS. Of course I would put my own style to it, but that is the type of thing I am looking for.
ROGERJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Stand up comedy magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL