The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello .. London Calling... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whitefish
View Profile
New user
UK London
30 Posts

Profile of whitefish
Hi all

I'm 27 years old and working down in London and magic is my number one passion.
After practising for about two years I developed a habit of wondering around bars and the tube (depending on how many drinks I had had....).
In this small space of time I gained loads of real life experience of working crowds etc.
I then got married and stopped...but I'm back! and I've decided that I'm going to try the professional thing in the future(as magic is the only thing that I'm really passionate about), already have a slot doing tables at the opening of a comedy club in London in Sept so lots lots of furious tweaking in the next few months for me!
I'm looking forward to chatting and exchanging ideas in the future on these fourums!
And pearls of wisdom? any decent magic groups in London? (except the magic circle)
Bye bye for now!
"puff"
(diseapears in cloud of smoke)
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Welcome to the Café...
you will find price-less gems of information and support from members...

wulfie
RADIOMAN
View Profile
New user
Collegeville, PA
24 Posts

Profile of RADIOMAN
Hello, Whitefish,

Welcome and just pick a topic in the forum and start reading!! I wish they had this when I was a kid learning magic!!

How did you get started doing magic?

BOB Smile
Robert Daniels. "The Great Mystini"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Whitefish,

Welcome to the Café and nice to have you join us! The Café boast a membership of over 19,000 magicians from over 90 different countries. Lots of people from the UK so they may be able to help steer you in the right direction for finding others to session with.
Please don't hesitate to post or ask a question of your own as it's a friendly place. It can be overwhelming at first...so many post and where to start? I always suggest scrolling to view all the topics and start with just one or two favorites..you'll then feel comfortable to join right in. Have fun!
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café, WhiteFish.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Welcome to The Magic Café.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
whitefish
View Profile
New user
UK London
30 Posts

Profile of whitefish
In Answer to BOB's question. I got into magic by learning a few decent tricks two card monte etc and ended up performing theses to a few people while out one night and bang! I was hooked on trying to freakout people and get good responses from them. It sort of snowballed from there.
I'm currently working on two killer effects to go with my others and then hopefully I'll be ready to rock and roll!
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Hi whitefish,years ago I used to belong to the LSM,(the london society of magicians)we used to meet on fridays at the red lion square (near holborn)not sure if they are still there,which magic shops do you use? and what area of london do you live? mike
whitefish
View Profile
New user
UK London
30 Posts

Profile of whitefish
I've just moved to Lewisham,on the edge of brockley. Haven't been to any magic shops in London yet as I'm an internet shopper only at the moment. I really should get round to finding some decent ones. Starnge really, with the internet so accessable I haven't really thought of magic shops! Is there a benifit to using magic shops over the internet? I suppose you get to meet fellow magicians?
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Hi whitefish,there is a magic studio close to you in S.W.3 repro magic,but I just checked and they don,t open to the public anymore,i went there once but it was angled more to people hiring the big proffessional props for stage or tv,a better suggestion would be to try davenports magic,it was in the charing cross underground when I used to go,you can get quite a lot of news there,ask about L.S.M,if it still has meetings,another one is the international magic studio in clerkenwell road(ron macmillans),there are other magic clubs but, not that close to you ,one thing you will find out if you join a magic club is that not all are proffesionals,so you will not feel out of place,you will be made welcome,(i,m curious why you ask for magic clubs EXCEPT the magic circle)keep in touch,mike
whitefish
View Profile
New user
UK London
30 Posts

Profile of whitefish
Cheers for that, I'll have to check it out! The reason why I wanted a magic club that was not the magic circle was purley because I'd like to join one that didn't require any entrance exam/interview. Maybe in the future?
On another note I was at a works bowling do last night and was a bit drunk and started performing a few tricks on the DLR (as you do)and I actually managed to steal my first watch! (I gave it back of course) not quite sure how I managed it, I think he must have been drunk as well!
Thanks again for the info!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello .. London Calling... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL