The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings All! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maglyte
View Profile

Liverpool, England
0 Posts

Profile of Maglyte
Hi Everyone,

Ooh.. what to write.. it's like that bit at an interview when they say 'so... tell us about yourself...)

Here goes nothing then..

My names Neil, but as this does not exactly conjure up an image (ha ha!) of mystery and illusion, I'm going under the moniker of 'Maglyte' - don't know why.. just like it Smile

Based near Liverpool, in the little 'Special Needs' village of Rainhill (if you know the place, you don't need to ask.. if you don't know the place, then don't ask - trust me!

I'm returning to the art of Magic after an extended break of about 20 years.. which means I was.. hang on (counts fingers.. counts toes..., phew.. 21 years and I'd have had to get naked!)16 when I last dabbled seriously...

Originally I was mainly into card magic, with the occasional coin thrown in (or at me, if I tried comedy) but recently I've been getting more and more interested in Mentalism/Mysticism and Hypnosis.. along with more physical effects such as penetration (stop sniggering at the back), levitation, etc..

I've been lurking at the fringes of the Café for a few weeks now and thought it was about time to introduce myself, as on the whole, the majority of people appear to be helpful, knowledgeable and enthusiastic..

Enough rambling.. and back to trying to find the IT that was delivered yesterday.. either it's better than I thought, or the missus has moved it.. again

See you in the forums!

Cheerio

Maglyte
Soupdragon
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Soupdragon
Hey- Welcome. As you've been lurking for a while you obviously know this is a good place to be! There'll be lots who can help steer you into your new fields of magic.

I do know Rainhill! "'Nuff said".

Am due to be in Liverpool in a month's time...Do you know if there's a good magic shop / supplier there?
Maglyte
View Profile

Liverpool, England
0 Posts

Profile of Maglyte
Thanks Soupdragon,

I tend not to shop in Liverpool - mainly 'cos I don't know any suppliers yet (a lot's changed in 20 years!) - though as Blackpool and Southport are only 'up the road' It's not usually a problem. I am awaiting some info from a 'pro' friend of a friend type thing regarding suppliers in the 'pool - I'll let you know as soon as I do..

Oh.. if anyone can suggest suppliers in Liverpool or Manchester I'm sure both Soupdragon and Myself would be eternally grateful!
Soupdragon
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Soupdragon
I was in Blackpool today as it happens! ... & yes, I spent more than I should have in JB Magic. The Tommy Cooper place is good, too. Haven't been to Southport for years even though it's just up the road. Is there a supplier there?

There are quite a few Liverpudlians in the Café. Are you planning to join the Liverpool Magic Circle?

http://www.liverpoolmagiccircle.co.uk/
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Hi,
I'm also from Liverpool. I have been looking for a magic shop too. I found this on google.
http://www.google.co.uk/local?q=magic+sh......3.000000
PJ's Magic Shop. Never been there. Hope this helps.
Magically Yours,
Ste
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
munch1215
View Profile
New user
California
77 Posts

Profile of munch1215
Welcome to the Café!
Look deep within yourself for inspiration
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings All! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL