The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » A laughable escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I had a student take some pictures of me in a chain, and honestly it did not go as well as I'd hoped. The pictures came out poorly, and chain turns out to be difficult to photograph well.

The funny part was that I hadn't set the thing up to be an escape act, just a photo shoot. While the potographer glanced at his pictures, I removed the chain.

His eyes shot out of his head. He hadn't realized I could do that, he thought I was going for the keys on the table to get out. The poor guy stammered and finally got a "how" out of his mouth.

Sometimes I forget how easy it is to surprise an audience even with a simple chain job.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Touchstone
View Profile
New user
Belgium
37 Posts

Profile of Touchstone
Nice @ Cliffg37
It must have been a great reaction!!!
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Touchstone....Don't you mean a "Chain Reaction???!"
TheHandcuffKing
View Profile
New user
Around About Here
19 Posts

Profile of TheHandcuffKing
LOL Mick!

HK
"If it can be locked onto my wrists, I will open it"
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The same thing happened to me shooting a publicity shot for Against the Tide. I was in my full costume and had my wife put me into the chains (brings back memories of that first time at the chapel) as I stood on the rocks with a lot of salt water around me. She got up above on the seawall to shoot at a good angle. A fair number of people stopped to watch. When we had all the shots we needed, I just threw them off so that we could get on our way, and I heard a gasp from the folks watching. I was pretty surprised, but I gave them a victory wave and a big smile.

Yours,

Paul
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I was once showing my old Iron Maiden escape apparatus to a guest and went to open it, only to realize I did not have the key to the large Yale Super Pin Tumbler padlock handy.

"No matter." I commented, pulling out my jacknife pick set. With one swipe of the pick the lock fell open and my guest went slack-jawed.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » A laughable escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL