The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Thayer magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicdoctor39
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor39
I have a bird cage production that I recieved in a collection, I was told that it was a thayer piece. does anybody have information or pictures of anything like it. thanks Mike
vonmagic.com
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
I have 2 Thayer birdcages. they are different . can you describe yours ??
magicdoctor39
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor39
Hi Terry My bird cage is orange in color it has elastic cords for bars.it has a bar that runs up the center, to set it you take doves and put them in the bottom half and bring the top half down closing the 2 halfs together it resembles a flat type of dove pan. the rod bends flat so you can hide cage in table flat.when you produce the cage the halfs open up and lock on the rod opened all the way.I hope that helps,
vonmagic.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
It sounds like you are describing a Thayer vanishing bird cage. Are you sure this is meant as a production?
magicdoctor39
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor39
I never thought of it as a vanish I guess you could.Jim sommers told me he thought it was a production when it's together you grab the handle and lift it opens up to the locked position.

Actually the cage has the lock in the inside of the cage so i"m not sure how you can vanish it
vonmagic.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Is the cage somewhat of a trapazoid shape only round? If so, it may not be a Thayer piece...
magicdoctor39
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor39
The shape is only round
vonmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Thayer magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL