The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring & Rope by David Williamson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Can somebody give a comment on the Ring and Rope routine from David Williamson's Slight of Dave 2 DVD?

Thank You
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
It's one of the best. very visual.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You should definitely own Dave and Dave2. (very entertaining and excellent material)

frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Clear comments! Have to get them.

Thanks a lot
anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
I've seen Williamson's handling of this, and it's brilliant!

I've not seen Greg Wilson's Ring Leader....how does Williamson's compare to Wilson's?
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
If memory serves me right, Gregs Ring Leader is a finger ring.

Darren...
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Try a search on Gregs Ring Leader. There was a very good discussion on it.
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
I haven't seen Greg's but believe it is done with a finger ring. Dave's is a larger ring, like 3 inch diameter.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Dave uses something like the linking rings...whereas Greg uses a borrowed finger ring..
WalterZ
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of WalterZ
Watching sleight of Dave two was difficult because you just can't stop laughing at how nuts the guy is. His recorded performance where he goes off chasing after the little kid is hilarious.
~WalterZ~

Themystifier.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I just bought "Dave 2" and really like his ring and rope routine. Unlike so many other routines, it doesn't get bogged down in confusing moves; the routine is short and sweet. He starts off by putting the ring (a 4 or 5 inch linking ring) on the rope, and then ties the ends together. The ring is definitely on the rope. The ring comes off the rope while the spectator holds the ring. He throws the ring back on the rope, and then does cut and restored segement (rope is never actually cut) and an rope ends transposition.

I agree the DVD is so funny to watch. My favorite part is the specials features segment where he going around Portugal.

Ron
Kentrell
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, OH
72 Posts

Profile of Kentrell
I do the DW ring and rope more than any other routine in my repertoire. It's great.

K
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
I finally got the DVDs and I have to say that they are worth every Penny. David is outstanding. I do not know when I had so much fun watching a Magic DVD. And the best thing is that beside the really good ring and rope routine there is so much other strong stuff on them. In fact I am wondering why the DVDs are not mentioned more in this forum.

So thanks to Everybody for the comments because it made me get them.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Anyone got Dave 2 for sale or trade. thanks, magicwalsh@gmail.com
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Tabarys ring and rope is great!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
All of David Williamson's work requires a lot of practice to make it look as easy as he does it. Most will not put the required practice into what is required. Dave is a great magician and very natural, it takes a lot of work to be that natural. What you see on his videos is for magicians, he does not act that way in his real life work. Anyway, that is what he said on one of those "Reel" video Magazine interviews.

His book is excellent, and you get a lot more magic then 3 or 4 tricks that are on his videos.

David Williamson is good, he has an Agent!
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
It's a great routine. It has some fantastic rope elements to it as well as the ring on rope phases.

I liked it initially because the ring helps bring the routine into the hands of the audience.
I've used it with success for close up and for larger, parlour sized audiences.
It's a good one to use when you're doing close up and you end up with more attention and a larger audience.

I love the ends transposition as welll and as Ron has said, this routine finishes with it. I think that you end up in a natural applause cue when you pull the rope out of the pocket.
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
I have been performing this routine for many many years (since it was first published). It's great close-up and for stand-up. Over the years I've tweaked the original slightly, adding moves from Richard Sanders 'Fiber Optics' routine.
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Williamson routine as it stands is kind of short, if you cannot do all his antics, then in my opinion, you will have to add some of the other moves published to it to make a complete centerpiece in a presentation.

You should definitely start with Williamson's work as you will learn so much about magic in this little demonstration, but it is a good place to build from, that is for sure.

Highly recommended!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Bill
I kept my mouth shut because so many people rave about David's ring and rope routine. David is a natural comic who can make you roll in the aisles with out any prop. If you do his ring and rope routine and are not a natural comic like David is you will need to add a few more moves to make it complete.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring & Rope by David Williamson (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL