The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Do any of you actually pull a rabbit out of a hat? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
667 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Quote:
... Bad enough to already be Super Gluing ears to the head.

Only kidding! :-0 (about the glue)

Super glue? I was thinking staple gun!
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20519 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-06-14 15:43, Magic.J.Manuel wrote:
Quote:
... Bad enough to already be Super Gluing ears to the head.

Only kidding! :-0 (about the glue)

Super glue? I was thinking staple gun!

We save the staple gun to staple cards like a blindfold over a volunteer's eyes. (Why do they scream? Doug would know. He is the VP in charge of fear. They are afraid of the dark. Right?)

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I've come up with a twist on this where I pull a hat out of a rabbit! Of course, my rabbit is a toy I appropriated from my daughter - although it looks real from a bit of a distance.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1699 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Hmm - you see rabbits from hats a LOT less than you see say, linking rings, ambitious card, egg bag, C&R rope and they're not called cliches, they're called "classics"...

Rabbit from hat is actually seen VERY rarely. I have only seen it once or twice in my life, and one of those times was on TV (Paul Daniels with a long and funny routine and loads of misdirection) That's because it's VERY hard to pull off.

Me? I'd love to do it but I don't perform often enough to justify keeping a rabbit, and I don't have the necessary cojones for the methods I'm familiar with.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Quote:
On 2005-06-22 18:21, ross welford wrote:
Hmm - you see rabbits from hats a LOT less than you see say, linking rings, ambitious card, egg bag, C&R rope and they're not called cliches, they're called "classics"...

You are absolutely right Ross, seing the rabbit from hat in an actual performance is indeed a rare thing, compared to so many other classics. However, there is this "something" about the illusion that seems to cling in the publics mind. If you ask any lay person to name a trick performed by a magician, you will more than likely get answers like floating a lady in the air, or sawing a woman in half... But the answer I get most often is: pulling a rabbit out of a hat! (I have to admit there is is an immage of a rabbit in a hat on my business cards...). This immage is very deeply inserted in the public's mind, even though rarely seen in performance, and that is why I personnally feel it is more of a cliche, as was discussed earlier. This in no way means that it should not be done, on the contrairy. There are magicians who pull it off beautifully, and I am sure there are plenty of audiences happy to see it too!

Have a nice day!

Louis Jutras
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Do any of you actually pull a rabbit out of a hat? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL