The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Pure Luck! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Here’s a funny story I’d though I share with you guys. I was doing some card effects for some of my fiancés friends at her school today..When the luckiest thing happened to me...
I had her friend sign a card then I did a convincing control and I palmed it out..Then gave them deck to her to shuffle...my idea was to flick the card to the other side of the room..And say look your card isn’t in the deck it vanished and appeared in under the desk. As she was shuffling...(she had a good shuffle) she was doing a in the hands riffle and her friends started laughing saying she should be a Vegas dealer...during that comotion..I flick the card across the room...and it landed in the girl’s purse that was open on top of the desk (all skill!!! ..yea right, pureee luck)...you had to see my face..But I quickly acted very cool and calm. I stated...the cards are thoroughly shuffled and I have not touch the deck since the card was put back. then I told her to look through the deck to find her card and it was no where to be found...I tried to build this moment up as much as I can..lol then I finally said the card was never here. I made you see something that wasn’t there...I'm going to stand here and I want you to go check your purse. She was like theres no way it’s in there. When she went there... she looked through the purse and she was scared like she seen a ghost or somthing..Everyone started screaming...and I **** sure felt like the MAN!!!.. Anyone got any idea how I can make it land in the purse every time..just kidding LOL :::WINK::
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Aren't those moments magic!

Here's mine: I attended a semi-formal lunch some time back and noticed a gentleman's jacket over the back of a chair at the dining table. I secretly loaded a card into it's outer breast pocker for a later revelation.

When the time came (about two hours later!) and after this gentleman's chosen card had 'disappeared' - I invited him to 'check his pockets' but it wasn't there! Unbeknown to me, he had earlier removed the contents of his breast pocket and transferred them all to his trouser pocket. When he removed the card from a pile of tickets, receipts and notes from his left trouser pocket, everone at that table was amazed - and that included me! Sure, I 'milked' it for all it was worth!
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Something like this happend to me when performing for my girlfriend. Since she gets bored with my magic I decided it would be fun to just really lose her card and go through the whole deck using the whole locator card line. Well I told her to pick a number between 1 and 52. she picked 13 and I was already with my line. when I turned over the 13th card it really was her card. I almost died. She normally knows whats going on for the most part. THis stumped her. She asked me how I did it. And I'm still trying to figure that out. I have never stumped myself like that.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Lol good stories
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Very good when things like that happen - I look to fool myself! Even happens on videos - look at mr. Osterlind's 'revelation' on his MM3 - when the girl's card 'turns over'. Genius.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I was about to do an ACR.
I sometimes ask the person to name a card and play on that.
So I look for the card. They look for it.
It's not there.
I somehow left it in the card case when removing the deck.
acehigher
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of acehigher
I did a trick for a friend and at the climax I asked him to name his card. He named the wrong card on purpose, I knew this cause I had forced the queen of diamonds (I felt this card suited his personality) on him. He named the 5 of spades. I decided to double lift make it look like the trick had gone wrong then after I had made him fess up and tell me the real card I'd do a colour change and all would be good. You know what happened. I did a double lift it turnt out to be the 5 of spades (the random card he just thought of), he looks at me all be-wildered and says "no I was the queen" (bang colour change) he looks down see it, we were both so surprized.

Him "How did you do that"
Me "Very well, thanks"
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks for this stories!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

I would like to put my story here...but it would be exposure...

All the best,

:bikes: Mesquita Smile
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I developed a version of the Ungimmicked Invisible Deck. The other day I was at my magician friend's house and his son asked to see the Invisible Deck. I decided it was a good time to show my friend my new version. In my version there is a card reversed at the outset that gets switched out. His son named a card and it happened to be the one already reversed. I slowly laid the deck down on the table in front of my friend and recapped what had just happened. "I told you I had one card reversed in this deck. You named ONE card. Wouldn't it be amazing if the one card you named was the one I reversed earlier?"

I asked my friend to ribbon spread the deck on the table. His son, who doesn't know much about magic, was impressed, but my poor friend was just about drooling. He was fried. All I had told him was that I had a new version of the Invisible Deck I wanted to show him and this is what he saw. The look on his face was priceless when he spread the deck. I asked him, "These cards aren't stuck together, are they?" I thought he'd never recover. LOL

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
I was once playing some poker with a couple of friends. One of them knew me for being able to bottomdeal but he wasn't in the game. He sat next to me, he could see my cards, nothing going on so far. When it was my time to shuffle I shuffled normally. Nothing happening, just a honest shuffle. I wasn't even thinking about cheating at the moment. But when I got the 5 cards these turned out to be 4 queens and an ace. So this friend started yelling: "i watched your hands like all the time! How did you do that? How?" So with the game (it wasn't even about money) already ruined by this guy I just showed my cards as if it were a normal thing for me to do and left. Now all of the people who were sitting there that day think I'm the messia with a deck of cards Smile
Deal cards, not drugs!
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1215 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
What is the point of playing poker and not playing for money, and how did your one friend know you did something before you showed your cards?
Why would he say "how did you do that" before he even knew what "that" was?

Never mind.

Anyways...

Once when I was on a picnic with my now wife, I was reclining on our blanket after a beautiful feed of fried chicken and potato salad, and I began fiddling with my deck of cards.
My wife complained "don't you know anything but card tricks?"
My mind raced; was I up to this challenge?
I felt a depression near the edge of the blanket and thought I'd take a chance. I removed the dollar store sun hat that I'd been wearing and brought it over the depression in the blanket.
Being a long time hunter, I knew this was the peak of the seven year cycle for the rabbit population. The depression in the blanket felt like a burrow that a rabbit would probably avoid, but given the overpopulation of this the seventh year, a young coney might take it as a temporary home.
Nothing wagered, nothing gained!
I said to my now wife,"have you ever seen the one where I pull a rabbit out of my hat?"
Having studdied karate for many years while living in the far east, I knew if I made a knife edge with my fingers it would be childs play to tear through both my cheap dollar store hat, and our worn picnic blanket, and I did just that!
My hand went deep into the burrow and to my suprise I felt something warm! It bit me, but I had a firm grip and resolve. I tore the animal from the ground and brought it over my head!
My now wife let out a gasp.
I held a fat gopher over my head, then threw it onto the blanket.
I became possessed.
Once more I reached into my hat, only deeper and brought out another!
Being schooled in the rule of threes, I knew that I had to make one more production. In I went.
Seconds seemed like hours as my hand fished for anything in the cold damp hole, then voila....I produced a burrowing owl which I clipped at my fingertips and made look as if it perched of its wown accord!
I released the bird, and my now wife fainted as did I!

I always tell other magicians that they should be aware of their surroundings if they want to perform miracles!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2288 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 21:47, Alewishus wrote:
What is the point of playing poker and not playing for money, and how did your one friend know you did something before you showed your cards?

Never mind.

Anyways...

Once when I was on a picnic with my now wife, I was reclining on our blanket after a beautiful feed of fried chicken and potato salad, and I began fiddling with my deck of cards.
My wife complained "don't you know anything but card tricks?"
My mind raced; was I up to this challenge?
I felt a depression near the edge of the blanket and thought I'd take a chance. I removed the dollar store sun hat that I'd been wearing and brought it over the depression in the blanket.
Being a long time hunter, I knew this was the peak of the seven year cycle for the rabbit population. The depression in the blanket felt like a burrow that a rabbit would probably avoid, but given the overpopulation of this the seventh year, a young coney might take it as a temporary home.
Nothing wagered, nothing gained!
I said to my now wife,"have you ever seen the one where I pull a rabbit out of my hat?"
Having studdied karate for many years while living in the far east, I knew if I made a knife edge with my fingers it would be childs play to tear through both my cheap dollar store hat, and our worn picnic blanket, and I did just that!
My hand went deep into the burrow and to my suprise I felt something warm! It bit me, but I had a firm grip and resolve. I tore the animal from the ground and brought it over my head!
My now wife let out a gasp.
I held a fat gopher over my head, then threw it onto the blanket.
I became possessed.
Once more I reached into my hat, only deeper and brought out another!
Being schooled in the rule of threes, I knew that I had to make one more production. In I went.
Seconds seemed like hours as my hand fished for anything in the cold damp hole, then voila....I produced a burrowing owl which I clipped at my fingertips and made look as if it perched of its wown accord!
I released the bird, and my now wife fainted as did I!

I always tell other magicians that they should be aware of their surroundings if they want to perform miracles!

A.

HAHAHAHAAHA That sounds insane!

I can only imagine the wild deranged look you must have had in your eyes as you dug deep into the ground!!!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I call shenanigans.

Here's my story. I was on the phone with my girlfriend and she asked if there were any tricks I could do over the phone. On a lark I told her to think of any card in the deck. The only limitation I gave was "don't think of an ace or a picture card, those are too easy". I spread through the deck and pulled out the 8H and took a picture of me holding the card with my webcam and emailed it to her. I didn't have an "out" other than to play it off as a gag if I missed. She opened the email and freaked out. Unfortunately, I'll never do another card trick to equal that one.

If anyone's curious, it wasn't a completely wild guess. I made the (possibly dubious) assumptions that she would think of a heart, and that she probably wouldn't think of the 2 or the 10 (and my patter had already eliminated J, Q, K, and A). That left me with just the 3-9, a 1 in 7 chance. I spread through the deck looking for the first one of those seven cards that jumped out at me. It happened to be the 8.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1215 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
I forgot to mention that during the course of my rabies inoccluations for the gopher bite, I did learn some coin sleights, and the coin roll flourish!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
RP
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RP
I was once doing a mental card effect which used a stooge who had the audience member pick the card. I guessed the card correctly(of course:)) using my "telepathic" abilities. There was another guy standing to the side and he said he wanted to test the validity of my claim. So he took the deck from my friend and chose a card, but wouldn't let my friend see it. I took a look at the deck and picked out the two black threes, just as a guess. I picked the clubs and the guy stood there dumbfounded. He had actually picked the card. The thing that really fried him was the fact that he said he had been trying to trick me by thinking of the spade. When I pulled both cards out of the deck, I think I made him a believer in ESP.
Otis Day
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
150 Posts

Profile of Otis Day
-What is the point of playing poker and not playing for money, and how did your one friend know you did something before you showed your cards?

Read it again. He says that his friend was sitting next to him not playing and could see the cards. Then he started shouting how'd you do that...which ruined the game for the guy, so he showed the cards and left. A LOT of people play poker for fun, not for money. It may seem dumb to you, but many do it.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Playing poker without money eliminates all need for skill from the game, making it purely about luck, like cutting for high card...so I guess it's appropriate for the thread.
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1215 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
You can play poker for fun, but money still has to be involved or it's not poker you're playing.
I can tell you this, if a "friend" of mine started saying " how did you do that? " in a real game - this was obviously not a real game - I'd slap him across the face with a gopher, drag him out into the street, and beat him till I grew tired.
I suggest you tell your friend that next time you'll do something along these lines to him if he can't keep his yap shut.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
I was showing a friend my "Cards as weapons" routine and was flicking cards at an apple on his coffee table, trying to break the apple skin and leave the card sticking out of the apple. Usually takes me three of four tries, but this time I got it to stick first time. He was pretty impressed so I thought I'd chance my arm, I took aim at the apple again, missed, but the card ended up lodged in the top crack of the caddy in his CD player.

I was hoping he'd be even more impressed, but he was too busy laughing and saying something about "...could not do that again in a million years..."

Spoilsport.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
You know what I hate,Is when you take the ten of diamonds and switch for another card turn it over and its the ten of hearts!And the spectators don't know the diffrence.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Pure Luck! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL