The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Evil Fears the Dark Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I saw the film Wednesday evening. This time around have some batman movies to enjoy.

The film moved and was rich in dialog and visual content. It made use of some Frank Miller material and brought more life to the characters than I anticipated. The deck was stacked nicely for this film to succeed. From Morgan Freeman to Gary Oldman and Michael Caine, there was enough support to make sure there were actors on-screen to move the story. Surprisingly, the actors doing the title role and the two villains were effective. Add one female role which worked, and we have a winner of a movie.

No spoilers here, just a thumbs up and some hope that any sequels are as well written, cast and funded. From the look of the new Superman in production, this could work out for cross overs as well. Perhaps we may see a Worlds Finest episode on film this time around.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Worlds Finest...now that would be cool!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Let's hope the box office picks up Sat & Sun!! We need more of this stuff done right for a change...or next thing you know we'd have Jim Carey playing Wonder Woman.

Can't wait to get time to see BMB!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just read a review of this film from as a neo-conservitive anthem. Cute. I hope more folks consider the content and context of the story. Have fun folks.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I'd like to see Watchmen as a well-funded; well-produced TV mini-series.

I understand V for Vendetta will be in theatres soon.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hey Doc,

there was a plan to do a watchmen movie, but it fell through. My personal opinion is that watchmen was the single best maxiseries of all time.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2005-06-17 16:51, Doug Higley wrote:
Let's hope the box office picks up Sat & Sun!! We need more of this stuff done right for a change...or next thing you know we'd have Jim Carey playing Wonder Woman.

Can't wait to get time to see BMB!

AAAGH!!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'll have to go wash them out with something strong, like prussic acid, to get THAT image out of them!!!

Bad Doug!! Go to your cave and evolve a while!! Smile

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-06-17 12:16, johnnymystic wrote:
Worlds Finest...now that would be cool!

johnny

I know it wasn't "live action," but there was a cross-over of the two animated series which was titled "World's Finest" (I was the only one in the house who got it!) It involved Joker getting his hands on a 15-20 pound statue of a "jade" dragon that was actually Kryptonite and trying to do a deal with Luthor to kill Superman in return for several million dollars. One of the major twists was that Lois who adore Superman and barely tolerates Clark, falls for Bruce but thinks Batman is "creepy!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
They finally got it right...

Great movie!

Kudos!

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Just got back from seeing it. WOW!!! They did a great job with it. I loved it. Generally, though I am a comic book geek, I hate the movie treatments that have been presented so far.
What would Wavy do?
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
The Batmobile is cool. They never based it on existing cars. It was completely built from the ground up. It's priced at almost a million dollars.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
The car was cool wasn't it?

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Magnum
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magnum
This is my favorite comic book film to date. I also feel that Christian Bale has certainly taken the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman by the reigns. Overall a great film
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Hope they make a sequel in this vein...

Hope it does this origin one Justice and is in the same League...

Get it? Justice... League...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Finally!
I can't compare books to movies. They're just apples and oranges.
Movies to movies...that's better.
This movie was head and shoulders above any other Batman movie I've ever seen, and different from any other super hero movie, too. It was less fantastic, and more realistic. It showed everyone's strengths and weaknesses. It was more of a movie than the others.
Movies like Spiderman (which I enjoyed) and the like, develop the external conflicts more so as to take advantage of super-cool special effects possibilities as action scenes. This makes for exciting clips and trailers, y'know? While Batman Begins does have neat action scenes, it chose to develop the character's internal conflicts, too. And their battles within themselves are just as important in moving the story as any other sub-plots, and often make the most contributions to a movie's realism.
Overall, I enjoyed the heck out of it. I was impressed with how he used the bats to provide cover for his escape. I didn't expect this at all. I almost cheered for the bats. And the Batmobile was startling. I got the real sense of what it would be like for me to drive it when Gordon careened down the road trying to drive it. Very realistic.
And Fear. Fear is the first emotion we feel. It is deep inside us, and it is different in all of us. Fear of the unknown. Fear of death. Fear of dying. Fear of what we cannot see.
Very realistic, indeed.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Evil Fears the Dark Knight (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL