The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Examinable D'lites! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Has anyone ever thought of having acutall balls that glow with light like the d'lites do so that they could be handed out after your routine? Of course you would be using the regular dlites through the routine, but at the end just reach in your pockets and ditch the dlites for the balls to be examined. If so what are some possible sources to find these glowing balls. No dirty jokes please. THis is a serious idea and I think it could add to the mystery of the d'lites. THANKS FOR ALL SERIOUS RESPONSES...
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
rumburak
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of rumburak
I am not sure what you exactly want to achieve. If you want to convince your audience that you used balls of lights instead of some other gimmick, why don't you perform your routine with those actual balls and sleight of hand?

Just a thought ...
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I think it's great! In fact it's something I've been musing over myself for awhile. You hand one of the balls out for examination, THEN proceed to pass it through your ears, make it vanish & reappear, etc.. Giving your audience the idea that it's a solis ball will not only make the effect more astounding, but it will throw off the ever-growing numbers of people whov'e seen / bought this effect in some science-museum gift shop.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mose juggling suppliers sell battery operated led lit balls.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
A toy store might have smal light up ball.

Al-
Would they be small enough to look like d'lites?

rumburak-
Although I like the idea of using sleight of hand using d'lites alows for cleaner vanishes ect. but on the other hand using sleight of hand would leave you clean at the end.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Here's a thought, Begin your routine with the d'lites and go through the whole thing pretty much. Nearing the end you reach into your pockets and get the real glowing balls and do a bit of slight of hand. That way they are not just to be examined but are also part of the routine. Maybe I am just repeasting you guys but I Think this would really add to the effect. Anyways please let me know if you guys can go find any links on the net for suitable glow balls. I appreciate your help in my search. THANKS
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Another idea is to hand out one of those clear, glass, aquarium balls.
It only glows in your hands but let them try anyway.
Let them keep the ball.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
D'lites HMMMMMM I'm not framiliar with the trick. Most light up juggling balls are 2 1/2" whick I suspect is tooooooo big.
OH well
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
With the correct color ball and correct color LED from a Light Flight set you could give it a try. That's about a 1" (maybe 1 1/2") ball.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Mark-
Yes that would be a nice middle ground. Combine that with Jaz's idea and you'll have the perfect routine

Jaz-
I think I'll go try and find some!

To add to Jaz's idea instead of clear balls how about one's the color of the light you’re using?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I've used decorative red marbles from a craft store. Some are in odd shapes not just round. They don't have to glow or light up. You can give them away as they are inexpensive and it satisfies the curiosity of what you were using. I've had people shake the marbles to get them to light. Just a thought.
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Mark,
I truly like the idea of your looking into other ways to use D'lites.
The flurry is nice but why stop there?

Jeremy,
Nice ideas that could be expanded upon.
Marble is clear, glows red, stay red and is given away.

davidpaul$,
Having them try to get it to lite up would be fun.
Get one of those squeekers and have them squeek too.

If I'm going to around kids I will toss a few glass marbles in my pocket and later produce them as give aways for the kids. They like them and the marbles are small enough so there's no real choking hazard.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I wonder if Rocco ever thought his "Lite From Anywhere" would ever be taken to this level?

I just realized that D'lites is one of the few tricks I can do with my broken wrist!

Jaz-
Thanks for the complement!

Yet another addition:
You end with a hard glass colored marble. You now switch the glass marble and go into a bounce, no bounce balls.

I don't know if you could find balls that would look the same but...
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Examinable D'lites! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL