The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Help on a rely (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello everyone!
First time I post a topic on this part of the café. So, we'll ses if we can come up with something. This is my question, or rather, the subject I need help on.

I do a street show where I use a little girl from the audience as my assistant. This girl is to be hypnotized by me. It is a commedy routine without hypnotizm. The lines goes something like this:

And your name is?

-Charlotte

Hello Charlotte, have you ever been hypnotized before?

-No

Great, fresh meat at the firs row.

-or-
_________
-Yes

Okey, but this time it will work.

I know these lines are not that good. Can you come up with something funnier and better?

Happy for any input.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
woodenmarvels
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of woodenmarvels
No
Great, fresh meat at the firs row.
-or-
________
-Yes
Okey, but this time it will work.

Hi Ark. From America, the term "Fresh Meat" is very offensive and usually refers to something sexual. I would definately not even think of using it, especially with a little girl. In America her dad might even become violent with you for calling his little girl "Fresh meat". Instead, maybe say something like... "No, well if this works, it will be the first time it has worked for me!" As for the possible "Yes" response from her, I would rather hear you say, "Then you know that you are perfectly safe to allow mw to do this trick for you." Just my .02 cents worth. (But I am an old fashioned dad of two "little girls and a granddaughter". ~MagicAl (Al)
Magic is all around us, everywhere, every day. If you would just open your eyes to see it, you would be truly amazed.
Visit my world of automata at: http://www.members.aol.com/churchmouseabc/
~MagicAl
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I agree with Woodenmarvels. There is too much chance of someone taking offense, and yes, it might be dangerous. I'm trying, but I can't come up with better lines than his right now.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hi again. I translated the swedish words into english - and you're right. I could not say that! But in Swedish that doesn't meen the same thing.

Woodenmarvels wrote:
"Instead, maybe say something like... "No, well if this works, it will be the first time it has worked for me!" As for the possible "Yes" response from her, I would rather hear you say, "Then you know that you are perfectly safe to allow mw to do this trick for you."

Great lines. I will develope somthing from them. I want a great laugh at this moment in my show. Thanks!

/Ark
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Since your volunteer is a little girl and little kids like gross things...how about saying, "Look into my eyes" and the pulling out of your pocket 2 fake eyes, palming them from your pocket to your eye sockets.
Wiggle them around in a circle. The kids will shriek with laughter..."oooh gross!

There are very good looking fake eyeball that you can purchase.
1. http://store.malabar.net/product_info.ph......a2b1ff30

2. http://www.xmission.com/~spl_efx/eyes/eyes.html

I believe kids would squirm a bit, but think that's the coolest.

Remember, don't scare them...amaze them.

Best to you.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Sonny Vegas! that's a funny idea! I will give I t a serious thought!

/Ark
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
How about something in the vein of: "OH that's great... did you cluck like a chicken?" Just imply something funny that a person might do when hypnotized... of course, you are way too nice to ever do anything like that... Smile
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Help on a rely (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL