We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » DVD Reproduction Rates (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I did a search on the Café but could not find any information on the cost of reproducting DVD from a master copy.

Do you know of any company that reproduces quality "printed" DVDs for a good price?
Dennis Michael
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
DenDowhy...
It depends on what size of run you want to do. We own an automated machine that reproduces DVD's and prints 4 color process onto the disc. For anything under 500 or so, we can get you a good price. We can turn around 500 DVD's usually in three days.

If you are wanting to do a run of 1,000 or more we have contatcs in that area. Typically 1,000 is the magic number in replication costs. Also, are you wanting cover insert and what type of case as well as do you want them shrinkwrapped?

Let me know if we can help.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Den,

I've had very good experience with http://www.customflix.com
Excellent service and great quality.

Their rates are on the site.

Best,
James
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Kevin,

I reproduced 10 DVD of a friends Promo DVD and we talked about mass producing them. They will be given away to agencies for a mass marketing effort. It seems 500 is the magic number for most sellable DVDs as well as in this case. This one is only in a flat plastic case, no covers other than the clear plastic cover so the DVD can be seen through it. Since it is a giveaway, cheap is good, paper covers are out. No shrink wrapping. If necessary we'll place them in the CD case. PM Me

Den
Dennis Michael
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Theres a place in Nashville that does a great job for around $3 a dvd. We have used them for years for our commercial stuff. I can put you in touch if you need. Their minimum order is 10 pieces. We regulary have 50 to 200 run off. Great printing on the dvd too.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
As it's been said, the more you do the cheaper it will get. I would recommend using someone who places the discs in Amery cases (the standard, larger DVD cases you see for movies). We have grown accustomed to seeing DVDs in these cases and CDs in the smaller jewel cases.

You will raise your prestige by using a 'real' case with full color inserts and a four color printed disc. On this note, I've seen guys use labels. Under NO circumstance should you place a label on a DVD. Get a pro to do it. There are several reasons why, but one of the biggest is permanant damage to the DVD Player! The glue can ooze out inside, damaging the player (since it's hot in there, the glue melts a little and since it's spinning at super high speeds, centrifical force shoots it out).

I do small orders in-house, but the large orders are sent to a company that specializes in DVD replication.

Cheers,
Scott Sullivan
Reels in Motion Video Production
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
http://www.discmakers.com I get mine from them at 1.79 each for 1000 they do all the printing, burn the dvd, shrink wrap, barcode if needed.

ken
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
I second Scott Sullivans thought on only using Amaray DVD cases. If you put it in a CD case it will look lke and have the value of a CD, not a DVD. It is th only way we go. Plus they alrady have a great sleeve for the outside insert.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

I just found out Discmakers is in my neighborhood (Pennsauken, NJ based). Maybe I'll check them out.
Dennis Michael
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Can't go wrong with Discmakers. Best Back of Room source ever. Some of the best prices. Plus you can do an 'over-the-internet' order for as little as 1 disc runs (ok, so those are a little more expensive).

Disckmakers rocks. Like Ken says, they do bar coding, shrink wrapping and four color printing on the LABELS AND DISCS! Dirt cheap. Plus you can download their templates for Illustrator. One more tip for those using Photoshop, stop using it for this stuff. It's great for working with photos, but graphic layout is a different ballgame altogether. I think Kevin is more knowledgable in this regards, though.

Let us know how it turns out!

Scott
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
744 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
I used Discmakers but had two bad experiences out of the three purchases I made. I found a guy http://www.12zcd.com that beats them all in price, quaility and likeability...

He's easy to work with and does a fast turnaround for a real great price...

I've bought over 6000 DVD's from him in the past ...

Shawn
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I'm pretty lucky as my sister in law works for a duplicating company. They did my videos and now my DVD's. Screened label, full color outer cover insert , Amaray case, shrink wrapped and ready to go for about $5. It is a little hight but I can call and have 5 or ten made whenever I need them and just pick them up. That is worth it to me.

The company is called Dove Enterprises in Stow, Ohio. Contact me if you need more info. They also do audio duplication.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jclam1
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Jclam1
Actually I working for a optical Discs factory in Thailand
below is the link
http://www.2-dimension.co.th
If you need any special prices for it you can PM me
mins order :500
around 0.3US per discs for DVD5
around 0.4-5US per discs for DVD9
(including Print) not including Package and Post ~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » DVD Reproduction Rates (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL