The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Jack Miller's shop in Syracuse, NY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
Just curious if any of Jack's old customers read this forum.
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
I stumbled on a shop years ago while just out of High School(83)...was it off N.Salina Street? If I remember correctly,Ray Cerio was working behind the counter. I believe I purchased a close-up mat...starting to get memories of Syracuse now...didnt Ray have a shop out of his home? And speaking of Jack...is he still with us? I had heard that he had passed away a year or two ago...Im a west coast magician now but have great memories of my "growing up days" in upstate New York(Ithaca)...some great magicians in that neck of the woods..I hope to be in touch with Ron Zollweg this summer as I will be back East for a few weks..he has an annual get together for magicians at his home every summer that's a blast!
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
Hello, peppermeat...

You are probably recalling Ray Cerio's magic shop on the north side of Syracuse.

He is now located in Chittenango--where I visited him just last month.

Jack, alas, is no longer with us. He had a shop in his home in the Valley section of Syracuse and then, about 1980, moved to Seneca Falls, NY.

Perhaps, you visited a shop I had in my home in Fayettevile. It was open from 1974 to 1983.

Ed Hutchison
Madison, MS
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
Ed

Was your shop in the basement with an outside entrance where the door was made up to look like a brick wall? I was there one time when I was in Syracuse for the day. I found the address of the shop somewhere (probably the yellow pages) and went out searching for it not realising it was a private home. When we got there no one was home so I never did see the inside of the shop. Just the "brick" door.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
I'm sorry I missed you!!!

Sure sounds like our home in Fayetteville, except that the door to the basement shop was only a door. It was a raised ranch and the door to the basement was at the ground/driveway level.

You probably spent that money that was meant for me in Norm Sehm's basement.
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

smores7777777
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of smores7777777
Do you guys know of any shops in Syracuse? is Ray's still open
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Jack Miller's shop in Syracuse, NY (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL