The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Four Ace Assembly (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I don't really think that there is a "best" four ace assembly. I do not consider Jazz Aces to be a four ace assembly.

That is that the four aces are placed on the table. Covered with three cards. Then the aces vanish to appear in the leader packet one at a time. This is the classic effect and I feel that the slow motion aces in the stars of magic by Dai Vernon a classic.

Jack Merlin had a great plot for this in his book "Jack Merlin and a pack of cards". That is that he did it as a demonstration of how a magician might cheat at the card table under test conditions. That is that the four aces are placed on the table and three cards added. Then the aces vanish from the hands of the spectators and into the magicians hand of cards.

I feel that Jack Merlin came up with a great plot and that is what started me thinking. So instead of three cards on the aces I put four. Then they look like stud poker hands.

I often place the ace packet into my pocket or let someone sit on them and then vanish the three aces because I feel one of the strongest parts of the effect is the vanish of the aces.

Magicians that like four ace assemblies should check out the stars of magic and the book "Jack Merlin and a pack of cards".

I hope this helps.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Another vote for Spelling Collins' Aces - no gaff!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
zctpm72
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of zctpm72
My personal fav has to be Gary Kurtz's Amplified Ace Assemby. Ace's a revealed magically. The leader ace is placed in a specs pocket with 3 other cards of his choosing. Then each each vanishes one by one from 3 other spectators hands before the reveal that they have all assembled in the 1st spectators pockets.

It is gaffed but still a great routine with an easy clean up. Everything happens in the spectators hands and is very visual.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I just saw Guy Hollingworth 4 ace assembly from his Routine dvd. It is a very nice routine using the gaffs from Mac Donald's Aces.

Allen
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2005, bishthemagish wrote:
I don't really think that there is a "best" four ace assembly. I do not consider Jazz Aces to be a four ace assembly.

That is that the four aces are placed on the table. Covered with three cards. Then the aces vanish to appear in the leader packet one at a time. This is the classic effect and I feel that the slow motion aces in the stars of magic by Dai Vernon a classic.

Jack Merlin had a great plot for this in his book "Jack Merlin and a pack of cards". That is that he did it as a demonstration of how a magician might cheat at the card table under test conditions. That is that the four aces are placed on the table and three cards added. Then the aces vanish from the hands of the spectators and into the magicians hand of cards.

I feel that Jack Merlin came up with a great plot and that is what started me thinking. So instead of three cards on the aces I put four. Then they look like stud poker hands.

I often place the ace packet into my pocket or let someone sit on them and then vanish the three aces because I feel one of the strongest parts of the effect is the vanish of the aces.

Magicians that like four ace assemblies should check out the stars of magic and the book "Jack Merlin and a pack of cards".

I hope this helps.

such a brilliant idea idea. You started me thinking also.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Paul Vigil's McDonalds Aces. Hands down.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
My Fantastic Ace Assembly. Hands up!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, Magic-Daniel wrote:

Vigil does Allan Ackerman routine from Ackerman lecture notes 😉

J-M
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, korttihai_82 wrote:
Quote:

J-M

Do you know if that is published elsewhere, in his books or DVDs?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
My favorite is one I came up with a few years back--impromptu, no gaffs.

http://www.magicbookreport.com/2011/11/ace-assembly/
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Quote:
Quote:

J-M

Maybe he does, but he has his own version as well. One he does in his professionel shows and that blows everything else away.

He showed it last weekend at The Session in london. Also last year at Magic Live.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2018, Medifro wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

J-M

Do you know if that is published elsewhere, in his books or DVDs?

Paul told me last week that he had not yet written his routine up, but was going to get to it soon.
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
Quote:
Quote:

J-M

Hi korttihai_82,

do you maybe know the name of the routine and in which exactly lecture notes is it in?
Thanks.

Bye

sennheiser
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Cant remember the name of the notes. I have them somewhere in my drawers. Paul thought his routine to few of us at late nite session when he was lecturing and performing in Finland. Its really good routine but also rather classical. Ackerman setup however is really clever and allows one to do the routine even with borrowed deck.

It is one of the best. Other really good ones are by Juan Tamariz (unpublished), Joaquin Matas (published in spanish), Gary Kurtz (published in lecture video) and one by german magician who I cant spell Friedrich Roizch or something like that (published partly in his notes)

J-M
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
Thanks for the suggestion of other routines.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, korttihai_82 wrote:
Cant remember the name of the notes. I have them somewhere in my drawers. Paul thought his routine to few of us at late nite session when he was lecturing and performing in Finland. Its really good routine but also rather classical. Ackerman setup however is really clever and allows one to do the routine even with borrowed deck.

It is one of the best. Other really good ones are by Juan Tamariz (unpublished), Joaquin Matas (published in spanish), Gary Kurtz (published in lecture video) and one by german magician who I cant spell Friedrich Roizch or something like that (published partly in his notes)

J-M

Do you mean this routine of Tamariz:
https://youtu.be/uHfZ5f8xeHM

And not Friederich Roizch but Friederich Roitzsch.

Darko
MasterGrip
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of MasterGrip
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2006, zctpm72 wrote:
My personal fav has to be Gary Kurtz's Amplified Ace Assemby. Ace's a revealed magically. The leader ace is placed in a specs pocket with 3 other cards of his choosing. Then each each vanishes one by one from 3 other spectators hands before the reveal that they have all assembled in the 1st spectators pockets.

It is gaffed but still a great routine with an easy clean up. Everything happens in the spectators hands and is very visual.

Magic for magicians, as are all Ace Assemblies. The only one I have ever seen that even remotely made sense was Doc Easons.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, Harry Lorayne wrote:
My Fantastic Ace Assembly. Hands up!

I was kinda surprised no one had mentioned Harry's trick til now! (btw HaLo Aces is my go-to). I do like Mc's Aces, except for the fact you have to walk around with the gaffs; but it does get a strong audience reaction. Of all the outlandish things Criss Angel does, he still performs Mc's Aces. I also like Nick Trost's self-worker "Double Discovery" with both a Kings and Aces revelation.ps glad to see the topic re-opened! Lynn
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Some of you guys gotta' start reading the good stuff!

Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Incidentally, for those who care - quite a few who do care have asked me to please include my Fantastic Ace Assembly impromptu routine in my next/last book - AND FINALLY! I intend to do so.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Four Ace Assembly (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL