The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » David & Goliath (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dee
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of dee
Hi Fellows.

What Gospel Illusion I can use to show "I can do all things through Christ who makes me strong." in David & Goliath lesson for under 5yrs sunday school kids.

I normally use Doc Haley's "Boomeranging Lies" to illustrate how big is Goliath and how small is David. But in the name of Jesus the small David becoming BIG and STRONG defeating Goliath.

Any suggestions?

dee
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Quote:
On 2005-06-13 21:34, dee wrote:
Hi Fellows.

What Gospel Illusion I can use to show "I can do all things through Christ who makes me strong." in David & Goliath lesson for under 5yrs sunday school kids.

I normally use Doc Haley's "Boomeranging Lies" to illustrate how big is Goliath and how small is David. But in the name of Jesus the small David becoming BIG and STRONG defeating Goliath.

Any suggestions?

dee

phone book tearing may fit a bit there....as far as the "do all things "reference...
or maybe since they are so young, how about the physical feat where you sit on a staright backed chair, feet firmly planted, and with one finger placed on your forehead(by the 5 yr old), you are unable to stand...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
dee
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of dee
Quote:
On 2005-06-15 10:31, randyburtis wrote:
phone book tearing may fit a bit there....as far as the "do all things "reference

How long should it be in the oven before?

Quote:
...or maybe since they are so young, how about the physical feat where you sit on a staright backed chair, feet firmly planted, and with one finger placed on your forehead(by the 5 yr old), you are unable to stand...

Just heard about this. Is it gonna work that way? Would you or someone please explain to me further?

Anyway, thanks for ideas Randy.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I have never done either effect, so sadly I am not able to supply any workings... I am not even sure what to google for it, perhaps parlor tricks, or something, the chair one has been around for ages, it is all about leverage, sorry, I hate to offer ideas and not be able to help further, another idea that came to mind was the no tear paper. Ther eis a paper that is not ablet o be torn, they use it to make envelopes, or to even have as sheets, if you had this no tar along with a simalr matte regualr sheet, you could have the kid try to tear it, then switch it out, bring in the verse application, and then he rips it up... fromt his you could branch into a fun t/r effect, or a mouth coil(unless you feel uncomfy doing mouth tricks in front of a young group)
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
dee
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of dee
IT's known as a wonder pad. Do they sell this kind of sheet outside of magic store. Stationery for example. Coz I don't think my local shop have this thing.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Quote:
On 2005-06-17 20:53, dee wrote:
IT's known as a wonder pad. Do they sell this kind of sheet outside of magic store. Stationery for example. Coz I don't think my local shop have this thing.

I have only seen it at stationary stores...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Anything bending.....preferably nail bending or the large bending item from Carpenters Nightmare........This is probably my best suggestion,
It is at http://www.hocus-pocus.com It will also get you away from the popular matrix patter and the fact that you bend it with one finger will illustrate the point
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » David & Goliath (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL