The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Your Funniest Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
The trick that gets the most laughs in my routine is the appearing dove from a balloon. The only problem is that the fake dove never makes it past the balloon bursting and ends up in a cloud of feathers. You could say the dove actually dissappears before it appears....BLAM! - POOF!

I also like to do a few 'adult' balloon animals tricks that always get a good laugh.
1. The ballon bird. Blow up a balloon and "accidently' let it go into the audience."Um,...that was a bird."
2. The Balloon animal "worm", Act like youre tying a very complex animal, then just let go holding on the end and proclaim proudly..." An Earthworm!"
3 This one gets em good. The giraffe balloon animal without legs or ears, just a head and usually with a pink balloon...(can you see what I'm going for here?) It never looks like a giraffe, but does look like a man's unit. The I realize I tied the wrong balloon animal and proceed to the next trick. I have had a table of women actually fight over it after I gave it to them. After that show I made them all pink "giraffe" hats. Those Bachelorette parties bring out the best in those crazy women.

What works for you? Give us your funniest.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I'm not sure if this is the funniest, but I like it and it gets a hearty laugh: an ending with a silk production from a cylinder. The cylinder is bottomless and I end by "producing" the tablecloth from the cylinder.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Bill, try this next time....Can you conceal a couple forks and spoons as you pull the table cloth out and then drop all the siverwear as you pull it from the tube...that would add some extra fun to it....maybe even have a bill for your meal in there too.

Just an ideas amongst friends... Smile

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I just replied to Sonny in a PM after re-reading the guidelines, but something I said might bear repeating in public.

I have on the table a bunch of phony (and noisy) magic apparatus which clatters to the floor when I pull the tablecloth through the tube. The silverware would be a great addition to this. Also, including a bill for the meal has numerous comic possibilities, I think, perhaps a list of funny things to eat.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Sonny is a Great Guy to PM and Get Help From.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Oh geeesh...I'm blushing.

Thanks for the thumbs up Don! Kudos to you bro.
After all, this is the place to share ideas and ask for help. A place like the Magic Café will only make us all better performers. Like they taught you when you a child, "sharing is caring" and I care about magic being performed in a fun manner.

Glad I could help Smile

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Here is an idea that just occurred to me: How about, along with the silverware, a scrawny, rubber chicken on a plate? There could also be a funny comment or two about the chicken. Sonny, you're making me rethink the whole bit!
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Heres another idea to come full circle on that trick...

Since you start out with a silk and a tube, then you end up with the tablecloth and silverwear, you did mention including a rubber chicken....great idea.
As you know the rubber chickens are hollow and if you're going to make that the "kicker" at the end of the trick, how about pulling the same silk you started with out of the chicken...(obviously a dupe silk) But that would bring the whole trick full circle. Just remember those rubber chickens can hold a lot of silks and such. Just make sure you rig the chicken up so you don't loose the silk tips/corner or whatever you have in him.

This is getting good...I hope it goes off without a hitch Smile

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I have to ask are you really building it up? Like over the top when showing the tube empty? God, it made me laugh reading it. I can't imagine why it's not getting a laugh. Have you videoed it for review. I swear sometimes that fixes everything. You suddenly realize you are rushing or perhaps going to slow. You never know till you see it on tape.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Actually, it gets a big laugh, which is why I use it for a closer. (That and there is nothing left on the table). Here's the way it goes: I vanish a silk, then I find a silk of a different color in the tube. I proudly point out that not only did I reproduce the silk, I made it change color! (groan) Then I find a string of other silks in the tube ("Wait! There's more!") and pull them out until the table cloth is pulled through the tube. I pretend I don't notice in spite of the clatter of stuff falling off the table, and take my bow as if nothing happened. It works very well for kid shows, and adults seem to like it, too. We were just coming up with additional ideas.

BTW, the idea is not original. I think I got it fron a David Ginn book.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17307 Posts

Profile of joseph
Disecto, or similar arm or head choppers always have hilarious jokes that can be used....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Oh, yes, Sonny! I could pull the "original" (duplicate) silk out of the chicken. For adults there could be a bit of additional humor there, maybe just a facial expression. How about, too, pulling some additional silverware out of the chicken? "... for the guests." That might be goofy enough to get a laugh. (I think I'm starting to lose it,now. That is, if I ever had it to begin with).

>>Heres another idea to come full circle on that trick...

Since you start out with a silk and a tube, then you end up with the tablecloth and silverwear, you did mention including a rubber chicken....great idea. <<

Sonny, then the chef comes out and chases me off the stage with a frying pan. Curtain!
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Rubber chicken... I do the dove pan with a double load. First try gets feathers and an egg, Second try gets a singed plucked rubber chicken (I tried learning this trick from David Copperfield, but he gave me the bird...).

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
One of my funnier balloon bits is when a child asks for a poodle or dog. I blow up the balloon, tie it and hand it to the child. When they say they asked for a dog, I point out that this IS a dog...a Hot Dog. I get a smile and a groan...then they repeat that they wanted a Poodle. I pull out a small empty bottle of French's Mustard. "All right, all right...Now, it's a French Hot Dog!" Another smile & groan. Fine! I make the head and ears and hand it to them. Again they balk and point out that the dog has no legs. "Picky! Picky!" As I'm twisting the legs I use the old joke, "What do you call a dog with no legs? It doesn't matter...he won't come anyway." Kids don't get it...but the parents always do...and sometimes mom or dad will know the punchline and get to be the hero of the moment...which is just as good.

My funniest overall bit is a routine I put together that starts out with a cut & restored rope bit, flows smoothly into a version of Zander's "Loose Ends" routine and closes with the same rope in a comedy version of Professor's Nightmare. The entire routine ends with the restored rope. It's all done in a manic "magician in trouble" style that adults, kids and drunks enjoy seeing over and over. I love it!

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3189 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Pull the Silk from the rubber chicken's butt, that should get a good laugh !
Tophatter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Your Funniest Trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL