The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Accessories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Oman
I was wondering what accessories (cards, fanning powder, card clamps) you find best affective and useful. I am just starting out in card manipulation and need to know what supplies to get.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Oliver
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Norm Nielson can help you out. His website is http://www.nnmagic.com
tjkmagicman
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of tjkmagicman
I use neilson and lance Burton manip cards. neilson fanning powder. Remember you should still break in the manip cards even though they are flexible depending on what type of production you are doing. I then place them in a plastic bag and mix them with fanning powder in a well ventilated place.

Take care,
Tim Kutch
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Oliver,
Congratulations on starting in on the card manips! The basics would likely include a couple of manip decks ( I like Nielsen's), some fanning powder, a couple of regular decks used just for your manip work and a nice box/container to keep all these in. As you progress it will be obvious what new tools you may want or need. The beauty of the cards is that really all you need is cards, hands and devotion! I personally don't use the card clamps but rather keep the cards neatly and use a book or other prop to "press" them if need be. You will, however, go thru some of the manip cards if you do your routine on a regular basis. So plan to have some surplus available as singles get too crimped, etc. Good luck!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
If you are not a very good manipulator, then card catcher would be a good idea.I use card clips. Every card manipulator needs Jeff McBrides "Art of Card Manipulation". Be sure, that is the best or one of the best videos.
"Truth without Magic does not exist" J.Faulz
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
If you're just starting out with card manipulation I suggest you get old worn out decks and just practice the sleights until you master them. When you're ready to perform or present it then maybe that's the time you get manipulation cards. You can also get Bee brand playing cards and break them in just as taught in McBride's "Art of Manipulation" series.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
Bee brand cards are very well, but I highly recomend to use then and manipulation cards both in one act.
Signature
View Profile
New user
Austria->Vienna
45 Posts

Profile of Signature
The cards I use are:

Million Cards-magicans card.....for productions with lots of cards(like cardini single)

Bee.-very nice for general manip. that does not feaure productions that much but still contains them

Bikes-Redback cards can be used an a "white back card" as the last one when working with gloves

Ugm...Magicans Cards for Fan production....MY favorite fanning deck of all times
(4 colored back with a white rabbit and they hold poder very well)

I use rubberbands for my card holdouts ;D.....its a bit strange but it works that good.....u gonna need to take one rubber band(of the right size)
and wrap it around your cards to be placed ;D
then you take the backside of that card and at there you attach another rubber band
get it hooked up to a savty pin and pin it ;D
but McBride`s holdout works great too

Greets
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I prefer using butterfly clips, safety pin and black electrical tape. It works just as well as those card holdouts sold in magic shops.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
I do not live in USA, so please tell about what is a buterfly clip if you have pictures, show, please.
Oman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Oman
Brianclementsvatua,
could you post (or pm me) with how you set up the Butterfly clips, safety pin and black electrical tape.
Thanks,
Oliver
thegreatgeorgio
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of thegreatgeorgio
When I first started in card manipulation I also used any cards I could find.
Now, about 2 years later, I am putting an act together and using nielsen manipulation cards.

Learning the moves is the first step, then moving onto different types of cards, routining and presentation then follows.

Remember---entertain!

thanks

George
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Sure Oman,

I'll PM you the setup. Don't worry Pavel, I'll pm you the photo of the butterfly clip too.
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
Thank you very much, I'll wait forward =)
TheFish727
View Profile
New user
Tarzana CA
96 Posts

Profile of TheFish727
Yes fanning powder is good and all but the most important this is your hands and learning the moves. manip. cands are a big help espesally for beginners but it can be done without them
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Accessories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL