The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Pringles Chips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

durgy
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto
392 Posts

Profile of durgy
Okay, so I haven't come up with a routine, or even and idea or plot...but... As I finished my 2 tubes of pringles, I noticed how magical of a prop they look...Now I got 2 pringles tubes sittin in front of me..I know they can be used for something.... Any ideas? Plots? Stories? I dono..?

Durgy
http://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I think I once heard somewhere that they were good for dice stacking.
durgy
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto
392 Posts

Profile of durgy
I did a lot of search and I found that the smaller pringles cans can be used as a chop cup. Even though I read this at like 4 am yesterday, I was so excited I got up and tested it with the bigger pringles can I had sitting on my desk, and unfortunately it didn't seem to work as a chop cup...Maybe it has to be the smaller pringles cans? Or perhaps its my chop cup balls?

Any other ideas?

Durgy
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
The little ones could be used for dice stacking, but I can't imagine how one would do it and have it make sense. Maybe to stack sugar cubes impromptu. LOL

We used to make cannons out of tennis ball cans. Maybe you could make a cannon with pringles cans and shoot a flaming tennis ball over the heads of your audience?

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2005-06-15 17:21, Vandy Grift wrote:
The little ones could be used for dice stacking, but I can't imagine how one would do it and have it make sense. Maybe to stack sugar cubes impromptu. LOL

We used to make cannons out of tennis ball cans. Maybe you could make a cannon with pringles cans and shoot a flaming tennis ball over the heads of your audience?

Vandy

hahehheh And "shoot a flaming tennis ball over the heads of your audience" makes sense.

Giant 'Steel Ball and Tube' w/ a potato. Nawww. heheh

How about some kind of switch from empty to full of chips.
Would make a snack for kids.
durgy
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto
392 Posts

Profile of durgy
Too bad the pringles cans don't stack on top of each other. otherwise I would surely make a cup and ball set with one can as a chop cup. would make a killer and pretty original routine... final load could be chips as stated before and in other posts...or how bout a potato? makes sense...

ok...im starting to get addicted to this forum... I'm in between dinner n desert...gotta go back for desert..be back soon!

durgy
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
Jared Lemons
View Profile
New user
Dandridge Tn
53 Posts

Profile of Jared Lemons
I once cut a hole in a Pringles can and used it as a Zombie Ball
Magic is a vanishing art and it is our job as magicians to make it reapear.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
They hold three giant spring snakes and don't look as suspicious as the snake cans you get at the novelty store.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Martin Lewis has a routine using a Pringles can on Making Magic 1 I believe. Could also paint one black with white ends and have spring wands shoot out.

Joe
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3369 Posts

Profile of Julie
You can take one Pringles cans and open both ends, construct a divider, use a cap at either end and you have a very useable exchange tube. (Of course, you may need to cover the tube with a decorative paper or spray paint it.)

Another idea is to procure one can each of the several varieties of Pringles and use them in a multiple out kind of effect where you show that you predicted in advance which flavor would be selected.

One of the newer Pringles packaging has writing on each chip. Perhaps an enterprising Magician/Mentalist can come up with a routine capitalizing on this...?
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
I don' know if this is what you are looking for or not? Daytona magic have Pringle Chips can and coke bottle trick called Silkola.

http://www.daytonamagic.com/General%20Ma......VERSION)
Jerry Smile
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
Years ago, when I had no money and I was a kid, I made a PASSE BOTTLE with two of those and soda cans instead of a bottle.
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Pringles Chips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL