The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Cannons Great Escapes and Ian McColl = Great Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Mark & Sheila Cannon and to Ian McColl for delivering some of the best service in internet sales. Here's the story:

My partner, Kaleigh, bought me a set of Ian's gimmicked Bean Giants for our anniversary. All was going well with them until one of the pins popped out meaning the cuffs didn't want to open. Which, as I'm sure you'll agree, is a bit of a problem when trying to escape.

So I dropped an email to the Cannons and they were like "ok, not a problem just stick them in the post to Ian and we'll send you out a new pair".

Later that day Ian emailed me and seemed more worried that they'd broken than I was, and I was stuck in them!!!

I asked if I could have an ungimmicked pair sent me rather than another gimmicked pair, and both were like "of course you can, not a problem".

The new cuffs arrived all safe and sound and work great.

So really I just wanted to say thank you for providing such great service and thought the rest of the EA community would benefit from this.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Ros,

Good thing you got out of them or you would have had a "postal rate" trip to Australia!

I agree that the Cannons and Ian are great to deal with. I recently needed two vintage handcuff keys so I ordered them from Cannons. They arrived but one didn't work. I sent it back. Another arrived. It didn't work either. Turns out both keys were fine. My cuffs just take an odd-ball key. In that exchange the Cannons were very patient and great to work with.

I applaud you, Ros, for speaking up when you receive good service. We humans can be fast to complain when things go wrong yet slow to praise when things go well. Funny bunch we are!

Clyde
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Ros, thank you for the kind words ( I suspect then that you have received the Bean Giants because I hadn't heard from you directly )

Sheila and Mark Cannon run an exceptional business and will be pleased at your comments. I am lucky to have found two people with the same business attitude as me to distribute my wears through. Like me, the Cannon's put the customers first and treat everyone the same, sometimes going beyond the norm. Where my products are concerned, I am kept in close contact to see that everyone is happy.

Strangely the reverse has happened to me within the last month. Hoping to assist someone with a items they required, I posted two out for them to assess and use. No cost and my choice, hoping to create good will with a new customer.

Well it has back fired on me. One of the units didn't work as well as it should have and I asked if it could be posted back to me for my asseccment and correction. I was frankly told that it was no good in that state and if I wanted it back, it would be returned at my cost. So much for good will.

you win some and loose some.

thanks again Ros, nice to know I please some folks.

regards

Ian
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
So much for good will.

Is so apparent. speaking to the side>, I have spent untold time and countless dollars to in the direction I was going to secure a Peace.

Is there really have anything to sell? Beyond the "catalog men" As was put by John Scarne? not being antagonistic and still wanting a valid response: Can Ian Mccoll 'hook em up' so to speak or is it the same old same old catalog shuffle that the other folks bring? I mean I own Mccoll works and they are quality, just not quantity for the dollar. Here is the real Question: Is this peice meal material designed to make the maximum dollar?

Have you spent your own dollars? Do you know what Quality is?

Glad I copied this response before it vanished forever.

I mean who has the real juice in the escapology game and how much does it cost?

BTW: I can only say there is Top notch service on the Mark and Sheila end of the distribution and recommend them for the other items.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Cannons Great Escapes and Ian McColl = Great Service (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL