The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Brick & Mortar Magic Shops, an endangered species? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, todsky wrote:
Call me crazy,
Todd

Your crazy Smile No jk. If your desire is to bring more people into magic, your heart is in the right place and while you won't get rich, I wish your much success.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Quote:
Call me crazy, but I recently opened a magic shop in Montreal. The fact is, I love being surrounded by magic and talking magic with all kinds of magical people. It’s a labour of love for the most part, but at least I’m not losing money. My ‘regular’ income is from performing magic shows.

Todd

You ARE “crazy”... but in a good way! Smile

Todd provides superb customer service! ...and he “knows his stuff!!” 👏🏻✨
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2227 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Quote:
Call me crazy,
Todd

Your crazy Smile No jk. If your desire is to bring more people into magic, your heart is in the right place and while you won't get rich, I wish your much success.

Thank you. It’s kind of ironic: when I tell people at the venues where I perform that I’m creating more competition for myself by running a magic shop (and giving magic lessons and workshops), they sometimes tell me ‘Oh! You’re making more competition for yourself!” I show a mock look of horror on my face, but I am, of course, happy to pass on the magical torch.
FLASH SALE: 60% off 1500 items ends August 28th at www.magicstore.ca
www.magicstore.ca
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2227 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, jlevey wrote:
Quote:
Call me crazy, but I recently opened a magic shop in Montreal. The fact is, I love being surrounded by magic and talking magic with all kinds of magical people. It’s a labour of love for the most part, but at least I’m not losing money. My ‘regular’ income is from performing magic shows.

Todd

You ARE “crazy”... but in a good way! Smile

Todd provides superb customer service! ...and he “knows his stuff!!” 👏🏻✨

Thank you Jonathan. Although it’s hard to compete with some of the online magic shops (like Penguin, for example), I do have some loyal local customers. 😙
FLASH SALE: 60% off 1500 items ends August 28th at www.magicstore.ca
www.magicstore.ca
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
May 2019 be a healthy, happy and prosperous year for you, Todd! 🌈✨
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2458 Posts

Profile of critter
After spending quite a bit of time speaking with the owner of All American Magic in Portland it was definitely worth being in physical shop for that conversation. Really cool guy who really knows his stuff.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
kcbeave
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
A major problem for B&M stores since the online internet and China Ebay stores started is many (not all of course) people read online about all these amazing magic tricks and then go to the local magic shop and pretend they are interested in magic getting the guy behind the counter to demonstrate several tricks they are interested in. After the clerk has spent anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or more the guy will say he has to think about it and then goes home and orders it online so he can save a few bucks. I have heard this from almost every B&M I have visited. They can't be 100% percent sure they bought it online but they say the people that do this sometimes will come back a few weeks later wanting to see some more magic and most leave without buying anything or some little trinket that does not cost much. one store owner told me after all the demonstrations. That is the major cause of the demise of B&M magic shops, people using B&M stores as a showroom. Once all these stores are gone, it will be a sad day indeed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Brick & Mortar Magic Shops, an endangered species? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL