The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Are you currently using a Chop Cup in your routine ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
If so , Are you using a standard routine or homebrewed ?
I am debating wether to use Paul wilson's chop cup routine from the restaurant act or Don Alan's ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Homebrewed
kozmo
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Just be aware of the problems involved in using the table in restaurant work. My views are in the "Table Space" thread in this section.

Though one cup doesn't require much work space, be sure you don't have the customers moving things to accommodate you, and be sure everyone at the table can see.

If you do an original routine, please don't do a - "Ah ha! You thought it was under the cup but it wasn't! I was right and you were wrong!" type of thing. I'd work along the lines of YOU being surprised every time the ball is, or isn't where it's supposed to be. Remember, you want them to like you.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Home made routine. I use a mini cup.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Mini cup all the way
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Don Alan routine in my formal close up show and Loomis-Riser micro cup for walk around
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Do you think there is a big diference between the "normal" chop cup, and the "mini" chop cup on the restaurant work????? Wich do you prefer??? Why??

I has some routines for my restaurant performance, but I don't use the chop cup...i'm thinking about it.

Thanks
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mini chop cup for Rest. work. I use it on a small, round close up pad. Works perfect.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Perfect for the restaurant.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks, I'll buy the MINI chop cup, and try to add to my routines for restaurant.
Just one more thing, wich are your final load to the mini chop cup??????

Thanks.

All the best,

:bikes: Mesquita Smile
Merlin95
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
13 Posts

Profile of Merlin95
With my mini cup I use golf balls as the final load. use two for a double kicker.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Any more ideas for the final load for the Mini Chop cup? I use a "mini"mini cup of plastic with a mini-plastic ball inside. And after these, I load with 3 sponge balls and continue with my routine.

So, again, any more ideas?

THANKS.

All the best,

:bikes: Mesquita Smile
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
I've used the Don Allen routine and a regular cup for over 10 years in my restaraunt work. I've never had a problem with table space. I think that the larger loads are more impressive in a close up situation.
Just my two cents.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
[quote]On 2005-06-17 17:41, Randwill wrote:

Though one cup doesn't require much work space, be sure you don't have the customers moving things to accommodate you,

I would be quite pleased if the customers were moving things to accomodate me.
What is the problem with it?
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I use the mini cup because it takes up less room in my pocket.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would go to a woodworking shop and have one turned out of wood. They are painfully simple to construct and look nice. The size can be literally anything you want. I made mine in my basement from a post which used to be in my back yard. Tennis ball size is what it is. I prefer the larger loads of the tennis balls. This is obviously only a matter of preference. A properly constructed routine is what is magical.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Do the chop cup on a spectators hand.
astoundingbruce
View Profile
Regular user
Burlington, WI (USA)
127 Posts

Profile of astoundingbruce
Quote:
On 2005-06-22 16:29, STEVIE D wrote:
Do the chop cup on a spectators hand.

Won't that give away the secret? To a spectator, the ball is not under the cup until it is revealed.

:question:
“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I use a homebrewed routine with the final load being a lime that is loaded with either a torn dollar or torn card.I do my chop cup routine and go right into a Bill or card in lime routine.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Get Colin Roses loose change. It is the best chop cup routine I have ever seen and I don't do a show without it. If you don't know the effect, it is :

What if you could show a Beautiful ‘Hand Turned’ wooden Cup that enabled you to make a small Crochet Ball appear and then disappear?……..(Nothing New about that….but Wait!)…..Now the little ball turns into a Ten Pound Note/Dollar Bill/Euro Bill……and then as if by Magic suddenly you have stacked up on the table a pile of “Loose Change”……..But Wait it gets better……How about a Pile of Rice Grains or Pasta Shapes……all of this and much more becomes possible with this latest little ‘Miracle Worker’ from the Five of Hearts Magic Workshop.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Are you currently using a Chop Cup in your routine ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL