The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wedding Tomorrow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
I'm doing a wedding reception tommorow just thought id see if anyone has some advice.
I'm doing these tricks ambitiuos card to wallet
2 card monte
sponge
chop cup
ring flight
bill in kiwi
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
ANNIVERSARY WALTZ!!!!!!!
Logic Defied
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Ah yes time to dig out the df cards. any other advice from workers
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
I think if you do what you've listed plus anniversary waltz, you'll be fine. Weddings are great for anniversary waltz, not just for the bride and groom, but there are always lots of couples together.

Of course there are a million other things you could add, but between the cards, sponges, kiwis, and chop cup, you'll be pretty loaded up. Plus, you probably can do more with a deck of cards than just an AC routine and your "2 card monte" (hopefully you're really doing the Eddie Fechter routine). You could always throw in a rubber band routine if you wanted. But, I'd try not to load up too much.

Don't forget to take business cards, a lot of people at weddings know other people who are getting married and may be looking for an entertainer, so you may get approached for a card or two.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Napkin Rose
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Linking rings small or big
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
You might want to read this one:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......6&13
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Well, since no one else is willing to play devil's advocate, I will. Here is a person that was to perform at a wedding *the next day* and decided to ask for advice. I will give some that is timeless. As in, it doesn't matter if the wedding is over and part of your history. Whatever it is that you planned to do for the event should have been pretty much set in stone weeks before the event. That request for advice should have come in some time in April, not the day before the event. As for suggesting all of the various routines, (Anniversary Waltz, etc.,) ask Doc Eason if he would like to see someone performing it at a public event after having worked on it overnight. Doc spent what for most would be an awesome career at the Tower Magic Bar, and he didn't get to be the star of that show by picking up tricks and performing them the next day. Now, you may say that this person is not Doc Eason, but to the public, a magician is a magician, and trust me, they also figure a BAD magician is a BAD magician. They are not going to make excuses for our badness. "Oh, you poor dear. You apparently didn't get the rest you required last night while you were up half the night learning a trick you should have learned in January." For Magic's sake, I hope that Stevie D's gig went well, but for his sake, I hope he'll not perform an effect before it is ready.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Mark raised a great point. One that I though of, and one that kept me from recommending many more effects than you had already listed Stevie.

When you said you needed to dig out the df cards, I took that to mean that you perform anniversary waltz to a reasonable skill level and just needed to put the cards in your bag to be ready. Hopefully I was correct in that assumption. Mark is right, if you plan on adding a new effect that you've never performed to your routine you need more than 12-24 hours to really get it together; plus, you probably should perform it a few times in front of a real audience until you feel really comfortable with the effect before you put in a wedding gig.

So, Stevie, give us an update on how your gig went.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
The gig went great. I used to perform anniversary waltz quite a lot so I got back into it pretty quick. I appreciate all the advice and would never perform a trick that wasn't perfect. however I felt if someone mentioned a trick which I really bliked and can perform or used to then I could try it out. I pick things up quite quick but wouldnt perform a totally new move without lots of practice. thank you for caring about our art and look forward to more advice
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wedding Tomorrow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL