The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Johnny Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Markdini
View Profile
New user
Peterborough UK
52 Posts

Profile of Markdini
Don't know if any of you guys or gals in the UK saw Johnny Vegas 18 stone of Idiot this week. Every week he has a section called TV democracy where if you ask for something you get to see it on TV! Well one bloke asked for escapology. So they had glamour model Jodie Marsh in a posey straitjacket wrapped in chains hung up from the ceiling. She had 45 seconds to escape. Needless to say she didn't get out of the straitjacket so Johnny Vegas left her dangling from the roof for the rest of the show!

markdini
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Yep caught that one. I was really glad she didn't make it. Not because I wanted to see a glamour model hanging from the roof, although it was a bonus, but it at least makes the whole "getting out of stuff you shouldn't be able to get out of" thing far more impressive.

Only thing I would've changed is to stick Johnny Vegas up there too.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
That was the jacket I was in at the UKEA meeting, it used to belong to Steve Santini, now its Weasel Dandaws, who sorted the routine out for them.

Small world isn't it Smile

I was supposed to be teaching Johnny Vegas some sideshow stuff for that show, but they got waaaaaaay to dangerous, it seemed to me like they had no regard for his safety at all. I pulled out for fear I would be connected with injuring the guy. Weasel can tell you a similar story. I actually got chatting to Vegas outside the studios while I was there filming some stuff for Ant & Dec, he had no idea of some of the stuff they were thinking of for him.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
That's very interesting David.
I'm not sure I find him that funny, but compulsive to watch nonetheless(in a car crash sort of way).

I've wondered if the apparent lack of care, self-respect, self-esteem is an act or it's actually really real. I'd be interested in hearing what you thought was too dangerous if you feel you could go into it here.

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
jonnyboy1000
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy1000
Does any one have any pictures or a video of this? I would be interested to see
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Kevin

Personally, I think he is a supurb entertainer, and a lot more controlled than his stage persona suggests.

As for talking about what was discussed with the producers, I don't think it would be a good idea to go into the details here. Lets just say the guy got his head split open on last nights show, doing something a lot safer than they were suggesting I teach him.

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
It seems that the team behind this prog contacted just about every ea in the UK,,!!!!

I wonder why?
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Fair enough David.
After all, the professionalism issue aside, we don't want people attempting to copy what even you thought was too dangerous!

It sure seems that everyone in the studio is having a great time (I assume they ply them with free booze!), so it's obvious he's got talent. And totally deranged idiots don't make it that successful (do they?).

One of my favourite parts is the Celebrity Pub Lock-in. The whole concept has me in stiches.

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Johnny Vegas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL