The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosist to Control a Mind idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
"gibby" wrote:
Quote:
With regard to the other matters that Mr Palmer mentions I can assure him that there is an answer for all of it. I suggest he reads "They call it hypnosis" by Robert Baker since it is obvious that he needs to expand his knowledge. After all he has admitted that he has no experience as a hypnotist.

That's not what I said at all. Re-read my posts.

I said that I do not perform as a hypnotist. In a previous post, I stated that I do not claim to be a hypnotist. However, I have been directly involved in hypnosis for a very long time.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
gibby
View Profile
New user
ont. canada
41 Posts

Profile of gibby
Malpractice is not something that applies only to hypnosis situations. Doctors are getting into trouble for all sorts of things at various times.It doesn't just take a hypnosis situation for a doctor to be unjustly accused of something.

With regard to these individual cases I cannot comment on them since I know nothing about them whatsoever. However as a general rule anecdotal evidence is always suspect.

Doctors are in great danger of patients complaining even when hypnosis isn't being used. Sometimes the patient may be mentally unstable or have an over ripe imagination. A hypnotherapist in particular may be in some danger unless he has a witness present. Of course this isn't always practical.

And of course the doctor or dentist may in fact be taking advantage of a person in his care. However that has nothing to do with the hypnosis itself. It just means that the doctor is a bit iffy.

It is standard wisdom even among state theorists that people won't do anything against their normal wishes under hypnosis. So the stories of people acquiescing in their molestation sound pretty suspect to me. Even if you believe in hypnosis you might be tempted to argue with this proposition.

They would just wake up and scream blue murder!

The greatest danger of "hypnosis" is usually to the hypnotist himself. YOu ut yourself in great danger of getting involved in all sorts of situations not because of the non existent hypnosis but because of the PERCEPTION of hypnosis and what people imagine happens to their minds.

Even if those women were genuine victims it would be because they conned themselves into believing that they were hypnotised and felt powerless to resist. Frankly I am sceptical about these cases as I regretfully am sceptical about a lot of things Mr Palmer says.

Still he is entitled to his opinions no matter however wrong or misleading they may be.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Clinton...if you have Ormonds book...why the question? its packed full of nice, clean routines..assuming that's what you want?
and I would have thought that your condition (or one of them) is quite obvious from your posts.I have a colleague at work who suffers with the complaint and his e-mails are quite amusing at times.
Gibby..I tend to agree with you about the whole affair..there is a lot of gobbledygook written and talked about it. I certainly don't think you need to pay hundreds of £'s to learn it .I got what is probably the cheapest course on the net
for Hynotherapy and I must say it is very well put together and yes it has a whole section on abbreactions when in an altered state, deep relaxation , trance whatever it is.Ther are loads of good books out there to learn about inductions.
The best one by far is probably Tranceformations..now sadly out of print but well worth trying to get a copy on ebay.

Howard
gibby
View Profile
New user
ont. canada
41 Posts

Profile of gibby
I own transformations. I don't understand a word of it.
Bandler and Grinder have that effect on me, I am afraid.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Gibby... Trance-formations is the title, a pun on Transformations. I don't understand what you mean by "don't understand a word of it" Its probably one of the best books describing the process of putting someone into an altered state or state of heightend awareness.

Howard
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The information about the doctor in the Houston area is not anecdotal at all. It is a matter of public record. He was convicted, lost his license and was sentenced to do some heavy jail time.

It was his case that led to the tightening of the laws governing certification of hypnotists in the State of Texas. One of the reasons that I never went into stage hypnosis as a profession was that I felt it was important to become certified. I was given the runaround by the authorities, and decided that until the process became more streamlined, it wasn't worth the trouble.

In Texas, the AMA and other groups have had a big row with hypnotists, anyway. The medics don't want hypnotists doing any weight control or smoking control without the benefit of a medical degree. In 1975, they closed down Gene DeJean's hypnosis practice for "regulating bodliy functions." Of course, this was clinical hypnosis, not stage hypnosis. And although Gene was for years primarily an entertainer, he never approved of hypnosis as stage entertainment.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I see. So they only want you to lose weight and stop smoking if they have their hand in the till at the time you do it. That must be why the seminars for weight loss and stop smoking slip in and out of town quickly and quietly around here. I had the understanding from the ngh sight that there were no regulations in texas except to follow their standards that they had set. Glad I'm only interested in doing Stage Hypnosis, that doesn't seem to have any problems here in Texas.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Gibby,
In my estimation you have been tested... and found 'wanting'.
Just an opinion.

Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
gibby
View Profile
New user
ont. canada
41 Posts

Profile of gibby
Yes Bobser. And your opinion is wrong.
Clinton Wayne
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Clinton Wayne
Wow, Ok people are being too much about opinions and hurtful. Pirate thank you so much for your resorces I have looked up most everything yuo said. I now understand and came to no in whatever matter of words that most are not trying to kck me out of a secret club but have tried in there own way to make me and my performance more like a succes than a lawsuit OK LOL Thank you lee an pirate and gibby and bill who seems more funny now I know a baerd is so real ! I smell Christmas money...(do Santa shhh!) when we meet I won't try to pull it, promise ! I'm not sure what some of you got into thier with real vs fake and what not but does it really mater if it is all just for fun an entertainment ? sometimes we do take these tricks to serouis. We should all feel free to share and learn to make magic and the wolrd a better place OK. You guys are the best, thank you, you know who for al l the encouraged private messages, I have learned so much from your graciousnes. Thank you too much.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Bill, Hexagon, thanks for the kind words. hey are much appreciated.

Clinton, my comments were not meant as criticism, but as a direction for you to help you get a stage hypnosis career off the ground in a safe manner, nothing more. Having the training helps you in knowing how to deal with the, admittedly rare, situations that can occur in a stage show where someone acts in a manner that is unexpected and disturbing.

Also, having that certification is about the only way you are going to get the liability insurance that was mentioned through many of the insurers out there, including the Clowns of the US, last time I talked to them. I know they asked me if I was a Certified Hypnotist and which organization I was certified through before they would issue insurance to me back when they were my carrier.

It's also helpful to be a mamber of an organization where you can get support when you have a question - you can network with other professionals who regularly exchange idean and information on topics of mutual interest.

I hope this helps clarify my earlier post.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Clinton Wayne
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Clinton Wayne
Lee you can a scholar and agentleman, nothing critical OK. Good luck with your new show for the colleges !
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Hi Clinton Wayne:

So hows goes your education on this topic. Keep us updated.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Clinton Wayne
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Clinton Wayne
My two show went hypnosis was to challenging wwhen it didn't work. I will need so much help for tone of voice script. from everyone here please. one by one I incuce easily but was nervous for 174 lucky I brought some magic OK !whew. Someone try to say it is like to steal a watch sometime it works then no but to dkeep trying. Get on the horse again ! Thank you for all support, the Osterlind background tape is too good, I listen at it before bed for my sleep OK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosist to Control a Mind idea (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL