The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Card Manipulation on the Street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
So what do you think of card manipulation (productions, front and back palming, etc.)on the street? I know there are angle problems. What about proxmity of spectators? Jeff Sheridan is supposedly one of the best street performers. I have never seen him perform other than on his tapes. He is a good card manipulator. Did he do this on the street successfully?
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Jeff did his show for 25 years (others correct me if I am wrong) in central park NY,NY

if you buy his dvd number one you will get his street act. important with him is / sre flourishes to make it look more. if have treid his way once and it works. esspecialy the diminishing card routine. see it - learn it - and think why he does what he does. than create your own routine.
Glenn Alloway
View Profile
Regular user
Edmonton AB Canada
103 Posts

Profile of Glenn Alloway
I finish my street show with a card manipulation routine. I took after Sheridan in the way he used a spectator to catch the cards and used a wall to block angles. (I'm not sure how his real street act looked. I just saw the genius at work video). I find this works very well. Be careful not to do it infront of a window, due to the reflections of cards. I find some manipulations are very hard to do on the street due to wind and humidity. On a very calm day, I might try some card spinning.

As for proximity, most of my spectators are about four feet away. I don't have any problems concealing, so long as the hand is moving. Once a card is produced, use it to conceal the rest of the stash. If you desire, an angle proof routine can be built, but it will restrict what you can do.
"This is madness and yet there is method in it." ~Shakespeare
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Utilize the walls to protect you from the wind.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Card Manipulation on the Street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL