The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny Wedding Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Hi: I've been asking to perform for a wedding reception, so I'd like your input as to effects that would put a little humor into the event. Thanks, Marty.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
You could do 20th Century Bra, but keep in mind that trick would do better with a Jerry Springer crowd than folks who prefer to listen to NPR.

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
A Wedding?....How about an escape trick Smile
Sorry, just being funny, but that might work.

How about rope and ring trick? That would work nicely with the situation.

Depending on the size of the audience I suggest anything big everyone can see. You will probably have children there. Are you prepared for them too. They will be your biggest fans that night. Balloon animals?

Have fun and let us know how it turned out.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Will you be doing closeup for individual tables, as people are waiting for the bride and groom to arrive, or will you be doing a stage show for the entire crowd, bride and groom included? If you're doing close up, then anything using people's rings (ring on rubber band, jumping finger ring w/Greg Wilson's kicker ending, card tricks with patter about love, etc.) would be good. Really any close up that you're good at would work then. If you're performing for everyone, with the bride and groom present, then you could think of creative ways to showcase them and make them look good during your show. Cut and Restored rope w/ appropriate patter (what God hath joined, let man not separate) has potential, or tricks that involve two people on stage who work together to discover a previously chosen card, or a mentalism trick that you could patter about how 'now that you're married, you're going to have to learn to read her mind...' etc.
Marty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Marty
Thanks for some great ideas. At this point, it looks like it will be more of a stage show with the bride and groom present(no children at all I'm told) Actually, I would have preferred if children were there because I'm a kid show magician,and I could have preformed for them. Doing a show for adults is not my thing--that's why I'm asking for your input.
I had planed to do some type of mentalism, so I like the idea of them "reading each others mind", etc. Also, I thought, a ring to nest of boxes would fit in nicely. Maybe not the bride and groom's ring--someone else's would work better I think. Right?
Any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Marty.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Stick with what you know and don't get to experimental. That is always my advice. Experimentation is best left for rehearsal or open mic night. Not a payed gig.

I do like the idea of the bride reading the grooms mind. As long as it was tongue and cheeck. Blindfold her then show the groom a watch and do the old gag where you feed her what it is. "This Time I want you to Watch out before you tell us. No rush, the Clock isn't ticking." kind of thing.

You know what you do better than anyone.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny Wedding Tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL