The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Appearing 8' pole (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Hi,
I was thinking about doing an appearing 8' pole from a first aid box with my partner in magic. First I say I have a bad splintner, and I go to get the first aid box. Then I pull out the splinter with some teazers. I say "What a big splinter" and pull out the pole! I think it should get a laugh.
Magically Yours,
Evermagic.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
That's a good routine with the pole, but those tricks are as dangerous as a hissing cobra. Due to its springyocity those tricks can malfunction quite easy. I have the broom trick, same principle and have been bitten more than once.

Your idea is brilliant and would definitely make me laugh. Do you have something you could do to lead up to that as a finale. Do you have any wood tricks that you can trasition to the sliver trick?

Ideas:
Being such a big sliver, maybe as you pull the very end of sliver out, you could have a prop bone connected to the end...indicating that was a HUGE sliver.

After you pull it out, tell the audience it wasnt no ordinary sliver, it was a Pirate sliver.."huh?" they all ask...."yes, it's a Long John SLIVER.....har har har!

Adult or Childern audience? If adult, there always room for some fake blood. your assistant could pull out a BIG bottle of anticeptic and a BIG cotton swab and a big needle and thread to sew the gaping hole up....too graphic?

***far as a kids show...it would be wise NOT use any of my demented humor.

If adult crowd, why not have that sliver on a butt cheek. That would make some good funny and I bet the crowd would be roaring seeing your assistant trying to help you out. Cover the gimmick with a towel as if he is operating on you. Pull the sliver out slowly and painfully..hey, what are friends for?

Lines:
-" I feel like a shish-kabob"

-"Pinochio never had this problem"

-" If theres an olive on the end of this, I going to quit drinking"

-(bent over using the butt cheek sliver) "This reminds me of my prison days"

-" I got dibs if theres a stripper on the end of this pole"

-"don't be suprised if a fireman comes sliding down this pole, I had 5 alarm chili last night."

I hope some of this helped, I do tend to extreme my tricks
when I can and I hope this helped you.
By all means use whatever I gave you here.
Your trick, your idea, just friends here in Magic Café to make it better.

Good Luck and let us know how it went.

Sonny
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Quote:
On 2005-06-21 13:21, Sonny Vegas wrote:
That's a good routine with the pole, but those tricks are as dangerous as a hissing cobra. Due to its springyocity those tricks can malfunction quite easy. I have the broom trick, same principle and have been bitten more than once.

Sonny - I got a good laugh just out of 'springyocity'! Those were some good lines at the end of your post too.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Thanks Tony Smile
Sharing is caring. I care about us 'Funny Magicians'. Comedy and Magic are a great combination.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Dangerous, huh?
Now I'm trying to remember if Steve Martin did it in his Flydini act...
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Wanna talk dangerous? I open my adult comedy club act by pulling an 8' pole from my pants (And now for somethng truly amazing!...The Bill Clinton version of Pinnochio...I wanted to be state trooper, but was told the pole up my *** was too short...yes, ladies, I am available for private parties...). I designed a stiff canvas holder for the pole that holds the assembly between the legs. Works like a charm 90% of the time. Occasionally, however, the pole will get stuck...which leaves me pulling and cursin' till it comes loose and continues to pull free...everyone sees it as part of the act, so it all works out. I'm still waiting for the day that my focus wanders for a second and the bugger snaps down on the boys. <squeak!>

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
"Dangerous, huh?
Now I'm trying to remember if Steve Martin did it in his Flydini act... "

Patrick, I don't believe he did, but if he had the option there would be nothing stopping him.
Lets just say if an elephant could shrink down to a small enough size.....it would be in his fly Smile Smile Smile
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
ROTFLMFAO

Skip...NEVER let your focus wander. Natural selection still works! You don't have to die to win the Darwin Award!

StillLMFAO.

God-glorified...My money is on your proposition.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
The funniest bit with the pole was seen on men with hats video that is circulating in many peoples emails.

I get a lot of "funny emails".

This one was worth seeing more than once.

A magical friend agreed to sell me one of his appearing "pole" cigarettes.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Thanks for your replies!
Ste
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
I've seen a pole colored like a cigarette come out of one of those large Marlboro cigarette boxes....very funny...... one could comment .... "I'm down to only one cigarette a day.
J Sleight
View Profile
New user
Western Australia
10 Posts

Profile of J Sleight
I don't know if this might be of any use but I made a holder for my 8' pole that made it unroll sure fire every time. The best discription is like a toilet roll holder as in a you shaped piece of wire with a piece of tube on it which would spin on the wire as the pole unrolled. The wire was attatched to the bottom of my case and I simply rolled the pole around it in reverse to put it on the holder. By putting a piece of sponge next to it, it would stay in place till I needed it. I even thought up a cone type device that would allow you to put the pole back in the bag but I never actually made it.
World Class Entertainment
http://www.wcentertainment.com
The touch of an artist, like the birth of a child can be a moment that lasts a lifetime.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I just pull mine out of a bag that a bottle of Crown Royal came in, toss the staff off stage with the off hand comment, "Put that out in Staff Parking, will you?"

Given that I usually do it at medieval-themed events, it usually goes over well. Of course, it can be followed up with the Daffy Duck line from the Robin Hood take off "It's really a buck-and-a-quarter staff, but I'm not telling HIM that!"

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Appearing 8' pole (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL