The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy act for parlor ,please help!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
Im working on an act for a magicshop show and need some effects that would be good that are funny.Im doing a comedy linking ring,techni color prediction and a few other effects.I want it to be halariuos ,so I want to mix comedy effects and one liners with gags and great storylines.If you have any advice or recommendations on the mentioned above,i would really appreciate it.
S6X
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
This has been talked here so many times, it’s not funny anymore.
We 1st have to know who are you on stage???
Are you a nerd, very stressed out, CEO type that can do some magic. R U a magician’s magician or maybe you are a clown. I don't know you so any advice I give may not fit you.
With that said, you can always fall back on the stock Vanishing bandanna, the appearing fake dove and comedy striate jacket escape that's 12 min act right there. Will it be entertaining I don't know because these tricks have been all done to the point of killing it.
As far as one liners are concern same thing, who you are will determine the jokes you can and will say.

I hope this helps cheers chris
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
You can try the break away wand. or even a change bag if done right what tricks do you have now. as the above post mentions we need more information. in order to help you.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Look at stand up routines on this forum........ this has been covered
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Check out the Amazing Jonathan. He has had a couple specials on the Comedy Channel. his humor might give you some ideas.

Kaylan
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Look at Jeff Hobson..........he has some really good routines. (Not to copy them as you should in no way perform the same way he will.........it will be rather obvious since no one performs the egg bag like he does) but it will give you an idea.
Rich Moratta on stand up comedy magic DVD.............I don't have it but Im going to get it. In other reviews I have found that his material is very usable and well worth a look

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
First... are you funny?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
240 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
Pete. . . . I love the way you cut through the crap. I wish there were a million of you in the magic world. By the way, I absolutely LOVE the Biro/Porper "Cocktail Shaker Chop Cup". If it was a movie, I'd give it an Academy Award for Best Prop. I'll be using it ALOT! Hey, you think-you-know-all-answers magi's out there. . . . .here this!. . . . . save up your precious dollars from table hopping and get some real props. I have all the major stuff from Biro/Porper. If you want to be the best, you should be using the best. Period. Next?

Jeff Hobson

Ooooops. sorry,. . . . that'd be "hear this" not "here this". Hey, when you get past 40, the mind is the second thing to "go". I forget what the first is.

~jh
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Yes but the question was what...what???? You say that we should get the best, but what do you reccommend??

Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
Ooooops. sorry,. . . . that'd be "hear this" not "here this". Hey, when you get past 40, the mind is the second thing to "go". I forget what the first is.

You don't want to know!
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
The Vanishing Bandana or appearing 8 foot pole.

If you need one liners get First Aid Lines.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20553 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Gotta be funny first to be funny Pete is SO right. If your not funny and don't even know what funny is yet, cancel the show. Learn to be funny then try it out on stage.

Danny
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I think a funny magic routine is really just a regular magic routine in the hands of a comedy magician. The comedy instinct comes from within, it is in the genes, or the dockers whichever your prefere.
Al

PS- I asked my wife what was the first thing to go on me, and she just laughed.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Yes, look at the Amazing Jonathan, his unique type of comedy is amazing to watch!
Ste
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Quote:
On 2005-07-08 02:56, jeffhobson wrote:

Jeff Hobson

~jh

Good thing we forgot what the 1st is or we might really miss it.

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Back to the original question.

For some insperation you might check out the video's on Whit Haydn's site and check out some of his DVD's

http://www.whithaydn.com/

Don't copy but there is a lot to learn from this master!

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Comedy act for parlor ,please help!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL