The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Oman
I am working out a manipulation act but can't seem to get a hold of a good song for it. If you could help me by giving me some ideas (either what you use or anything you have heard). I just need to get a sense of a good piece. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Oliver
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
It really depends a lot on the act and on what your character is on stage and what style you are trying to portray with your act. Can you give us a little information as to your character on stage and your style? This will help us help you find the music that might fit best with it and give you some ideas.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Also, what is it that your are manipulating? Cards, balls, coins, etc.? Different items you are using for maipulations need different types of music. Sure they could all use the same, but a ball act might not sound as good with a song used for a card act. If you can follow what I'm saying, I think you'll agree.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I would suggest you hunt down a copy of "Get Your Act Together: Producing an Effective Magic Act to Music" by James Alburger. It was published in 1978 and may be hard to find, but I haven't seen anything else come close to this since then.
Oman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Oman
Thank you for replying so fast. my act will consist of cards, coind thimbles and balls. I do not have a character yet but I am working on it>
Thank you,
Oliver
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Oliver,
I agree with Kyle - you really need to define what your character and routine are about. There are so many different kinds of acts, characters, and music out there that your question is a little to broad. I've seen manipulation acts done with everything from classical music to techno music. Try to figure out what fits your style.

Tony
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Shaner316
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Catharines, ON. Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Shaner316
There was a discussion about something similar to this.

Hope it helps!!!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
You do have to define your character or how can you define your magic.
That is among the first step. Your character will likely evolve some as you go but you have to start with something.

Try writing down everything you can think of pertaining to the props you will be using. Brainstorm and give no thought as to methods. Just think of things you think will be cool. That's what I do.
These will be original thoughts for the most part. These thoughts will come from your personality.
Later you can try to put method to idea and in the process you will come up with original and hopefully astounding stuff.
Daniel Faith
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Just FYI...all the issues of using, copyrights, etc aside...I have recently really enjoyed just doing my "magic-brainstorm-play" manipulations to music on a CD called "Reality of a Dreamer" by a group called Mythos. Just FYI.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL