The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Perfect length for burning rope, (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I know this is an odd question, but I have a reason for asking it.

If you could only have ONE burning rope rig, how long would it be, from your connection at the bottom to the crane (or whatever) point at the top? With the burning section, baffles, and possibly a none burning section in between.

I know that different heights, and other factors effect length. For instance if I am going up 100 foot I would prefer say, a 10 foot rope with 6 feet of that soaked in fuel, at lower heights (say 25 foot on a small site crane) I might only have a 6 foot rope with 3 - 4 feet actually soaked and burning.

However, I know I am doing a burning rope in China when I next go, I need to keep everything I pack to a minimum, and I want to make up my rope before I go. Not get it over there. But, I won't know exactly what height until the day before the stunt, and after I arrive. So, I can only take one rope! I know this sounds extreme, but packing an act, and 2 weeks worth of clothes etc into just 20kg of luggage allowance is almost impossible. Everything has to be stripped down to the bare minimum.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Perfect length for burning rope, (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL