The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Time Machine and the like (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
I have a query. Can anyone shed lite on the history of the Time machine and the like.

People say that (no dealers metioned) their version is a ripp-off of (no dealers mentioned). HBowever I'm sure this kind of watch is an old principle, so is it justifiable sayng that a dealer has ripped of somone elses trick.
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
The "Stull Watch" was the original, by Bob Stull in California in the 1940's. Everyone else's is a variation on the theme.
Did you know you can do a "time prediction" with an ungimmicked "Swatch" brand wristwatch?
Don't know who discovered the concept, but it is very effective.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is correct. The Stull Watch was the original.

Collector's Workshop began producing various versions of this during the 1970's using electronic watches. All of the versions currently on the market are based on one of the CW versions of either "Perfect Time" or "A Gift of Time."

The Swatch Watch trick is claimed by several people, including Bev Bergeron.

There are also ways to do it with other ungimmicked watches.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Time Machine and the like (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL