The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic for tips!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Eric, I've been doing restaurants for years and the descion maker has always been the GM ( general manager ). They always ask how much do I charge.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
Yes, this has been my experience as well. I've never had the question, "How much do you charge?" not asked. What I was politely hinting at was that if you go into a restaurant looking like you're not a professional, you're not going to be treated like one. For example, if you're a teenage who goes in dressed in jeans and a t-shirt with a couple of packet tricks, I think it would be fair to say that someone could assume you work for tips.
Posted: Jul 3, 2005 7:19pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I should also add that just because you're a teenager doesn't mean you shouldn't be paid, especially if you're good at what you do. sjballa147, how long have you been practicing magic?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Chris, Eric, .....Man I never considered the post could be a phony. Makes me feel like an idiot for posting really good ideas on how to help the guy. But anyone with legitimate questions about selling themselvs should consult what I suggested.

The funny thing about the post is that even if he worked for what the servers make, in my restaruant that is exactly $2.65 an hour, and I pay high. If he works 4 hours a night that is the extra about $11.00 even worth the conversation? To point out you should be paid more than this per night is somewhat akin to pointing our you need to be paid more than the homeless guy with a cup down the block. I should have known. HA HA !!!!

Thanks for opening my eyes.

and if it is a legitimate post then

Good Luck
Danny
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
I'm not lying that's what happened I probably should've presented myself a little better than I did! Thanks for the honesty. It'll help me in the long run!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic for tips!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL