The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Billiard Ball - History (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
Hey guys!
I would like to know something about the history of billiardball magic!
what are the best routines by whom performed???
what happend in these greatest routines?
who is a "legend" in billiard-ball magic?
are there some videos of this routines in the www?
thanks,
andy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26943 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Feel free to start your studies with Proffessor Hoffmann's "Magic" books, and if you can, some of DeKolta's works. From there, Sach's Sleight of Hand might be useful. After that... it goes all the way to today with Finn Jon and Tommy Wonder. Start at the beginning and work your way forwards. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
CARDINI - hands down the greatest BB manipulator (in my opinion.)
Check out Alan Wakeling's elegant routine in the book "The Magic of Alan Wakeling" by Jim Steinmeyer. Alan's routine was inspired by Roy Benson. Of course, now with Fakini's silicone BB's the handling is much easier to master than the old wooden ball days.
Mark Kalin regularly presents a version of the Wakeling routine in his show, as does Greg Wilson (Mark's son.)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Francis Martineau, who lettered and illustrated the Rice Encyclopedia's of Silk Magic also did a great billiard ball act. He actually combined the multiplying balls with juggling... and I believe used HUGE Lacrosse Balls.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7349 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I was fortunate to see Bill Baird shortly before he died. Though it was not what it was the spark was there. It was the most impressive display I ever saw live.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Billiard Ball - History (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL