The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Doors, Part Three (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-06-27 12:36, Lambertmoon wrote:

I'd love to visit a museum there, if they have one.

I think they do have one. Contains a nice collection of prisioner made "shivs" and "shanks". Good Stuff.

So was private the answer? Seems like it would work.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27032 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-06-27 12:36, Lambertmoon wrote:...PS. When are they going to finish widening the TSP ? That road is a disaster in the winter.

Yes it is something of a toboggan run at times. They are doing the Yorktown area now. Looks like a few more years to get three lanes on each side. Is a comfortable three lanes each way where I am.

Attend Coinvention II? Let's see about getting down to NYC on a Saturday afternoon for a visit this summer. Oh...now I remember, I have do get an article finished for a certain publisher. Tempted to offer lessons in exchange for some photoshop work.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
Quote:
On 2005-06-27 13:43, Vandy Grift wrote:

I think they do have one. Contains a nice collection of prisioner made "shivs" and "shanks". Good Stuff.

So was private the answer? Seems like it would work.

I knew as soon as I wrote about wanting to visit the museum I was opening myself up to be the butt of some jokes (pun intended). Thanks for keeping it clean.
I'm not sure if Private is correct especially since Stan the Man is questioning the clue.
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Stephen Buxton
Private isn't the answer, I'm afraid, but good guess. Stan has picked up on the missing letter theme (which was also the trap of the second part - the letters imply that it is missing the letter "e" for CANTEEN)

Just one letter is missing.
If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:

On 2005-06-27 14:08, Lambertmoon wrote:
I knew as soon as I wrote about wanting to visit the museum I was opening myself up to be the butt of some jokes (pun intended).

Lamb,

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/NYOSSsing.html

Would I kid you??
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
996 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Are we in room 314? 314 painted on a glass (clear) door would
look like the word PIE when viewed from the other side.

Ooooops! I see Stephen has provided another clue. A missing letter, eh?
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Very good and logical guess. 314 could be indicated by PIE, but sadly not here.
If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
Great Guess Stan.

Vandy-
Interesting site. I'll have to check it out in person.
One of the Shivs looks as if it would be ideal for the paddle move. Maybe we could market the color changing Shiv for 3 packs of cigarettes.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-06-27 14:38, Lambertmoon wrote:

One of the Shivs looks as if it would be ideal for the paddle move. Maybe we could market the color changing Shiv for 3 packs of cigarettes.

The sing-sing version of the color changing shivs dosen't require a paddle move. It's just "hey look at this intresting home made knife" "It's silver right? But now look, I simply push the blade in to your gut and "Voila'" it turns red!!"

This really kills em'.

Sorry, back to the puzzle guys.

Vandy
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Pronunciation Of International English,bit of a dopey guess,but stranger things have happened,mike
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27032 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-06-27 14:09, Stephen Buxton wrote:
Private isn't the answer, I'm afraid, but good guess. ...

Guess you are going to be the butt of comments for a while. Enjoy. Guess we just can't take the boy out of the bathroom.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27032 Posts

There is a method in mathematics called proof by tableaux, where one decomposes a statement into a collection of sub-statements which either terminate in contradictions or themselves denote a world where the statements can be true. The other side of the method implied here is to prove only one such world can exist. Failure to provide both parts of the solution (existence and uniqueness) amount to leaving loose ends Smile and hence the bathroom humor.

Not that there is anything bad about bathrooms. The tile (lack of) patterns can be most inspiring.
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
996 Posts

Profile of stanalger
I've been thinking (and thinking and thinking and...) about this one,
and haven't gotten anywhere.

Is this a rebus with a missing letter? I'm thinking about something
along the lines of

P.C. Office = P (C "off" ICE) = P I E
(Take the "C" off of "ICE" and you're left
with "I E".)

Stan
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

It is a rebus with a missing letter. Not PC Office (clever, though)

One letter is missing, as I said before.

Clue:

If the letters used weren't "P", "I" and "E", but "P", "L", "A" and "E" instead, the solution would still be the same.

Reminder of another clue that seems to have been missed: I have no idea what is behind the door (there is a reason)
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Is it not a really a door?
But mabey a painting?
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

It is a door
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Ok.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27032 Posts

This time it's the ladies room?
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Good one.
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

No, it isn't a toilet. Remember, the question is what the sign means, not what is behind the door.

Anybody given any thought as to my additional clue of the letters "P", "L", "A" and "E" giving the same solution?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Doors, Part Three (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL