We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
My video just broke, and I couldn't even fix it with magic. I own the following videos that gave me the start into magic:
  • MagicMax Vol. 1, Instant Magic you can do
  • MagicMax Vol. 2, Instant Magic and More
  • MagicMax Easy Sleight of Hand Money & Card
  • A-1-Multimedia, Learn How to Levitate
So now I would like to switch to DVD. Since I bought those videos a long time ago, I now wonder if there is something better than those on DVD (probably nobody knows the videos above). Smile

I would like to buy something that gets me a little of everything to find out what tricks I like most: coins, cards, mental and general magic. So that's four to five DVDs I wanna buy to enhance my horizon (I only have five tricks I am comfortable with so far).

Any input? (I know, this is getting expensive.)
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
Michael Ammar has a DVD out, Complete Introduction to Magic. I would definitely get it, it has at least 20 effects, some very powerful. It has a little of everything: a couple of tricks with coins, cards, rubber bands, close-up, cups and balls, sponge balls...

I like Troy Hooser's DVDs, mostly coins and cards. Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles DVD...but number 2.
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
Are you saying you don't like #2 of the Easy to Master Card Miracles DVD? If so, I find it hard to believe. Number 2 is my favorite of the entire series.

Thanks,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
Michael Ammar Vol 2 seems to be a good one as I can see. I guess that's one I will go for.

I also read the Gregory Wilson (On the Spot) is good, but I don't know if this is available on DVD.

What about David Regal 1-3 and Bill Malone (On the Loose) 1-4? They seem to be good too.

Well, this is gonna be hard to find out without just buying 10 DVDs. Smile
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
You might also want to look into Roth's Ultimate Coin Magic, since I noticed you have one on money. Smile Smile Smile
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
Dark, I guess that's a great idea, multiply the money and pay with some faked coins. Smile

I might consider to buy a DVD where you learn how to steal some money from other. Smile

Cheers
Kraminator
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
I meant to say that of the three Easy to Master Card Miracle DVDs that Michael Ammar currently sells, number two is probably the best one to purchase, if you want to buy just one.

Also, I messed up on the other recommendation...It was Michael Ammar's The Exciting World of Magic that has a good introduction to the different types of magic out on the market.

Gary
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
Are you interested in coin magic or card magic?
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
I like a little of everything.
clsaxn
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of clsaxn
Quote:
What about David Regal 1-3 and Bill Malone (On the Loose) 1-4, they seem to be good too.

I own both of these sets and like them both a lot. I would have a very hard time recommending one over the other.

-James
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Quote:
On 2002-10-24 16:27, Kraminator wrote:
I like a little of everything.

Kraminator,

Just a thought, when you are starting out, the magic world is huge with all sorts of secrets and effects to pursue. It feels this way even to magi's who have been in the game for awhile...

I would like to offer that you spend a little time thinking and making notes on what types of magic really call to you, when you have completed that making purchases and deciding on what to perfect is much easier.

Be magic ~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
yken
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of yken
I want to buy some magic DVDs and have one quick question. Are the region codes of all magic DVDs "0 (no limitation)" in the market? My DVD player can not read except the region code "2 (Europe/Japan)" and "0" disks.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
All magic DVDs are region free (region 0).
gerrardlo
View Profile
New user
Manchester
34 Posts

Profile of gerrardlo
If you want to learn card sleights then get the DVD Card Technique by Kaufmann. I own this and it is excellent, as it shows various different close-up angles of each sleight.

Hope this helps!
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
I love David Regal's DVDs. Mostly cards but a few coins and even some unique oddball effects, strings of beads, for instance.

:bikes:
Bill Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Bill Thomas
If you want to do a little bit of everything I recommend "Great Scott, It's Magic by Scott Guinn. This DVD has some very good routines on it, cards, sponge balls, ropes, ring and string, etc. You can purchase this DVD from Scott's website:

http://www.greatscott-itsmagic.com/

He has a lot of other cool stuff there too! This is just my recommendation considering that you want a variety of tricks to learn.

Bill
HighVolt29
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of HighVolt29
Someone posted that they recommend Bill Malones on the Loose DVD set. He has some really great commercial magic. However, the moves on the DVD's are at an intermediate level. Bill Malones is left handed so sometimes it is hard to follow him when he has an overhead shot.

I also strongly recommend Jay Sankeys material. (The Very Best of Jay Sankey)

Penguin Magic carries all of Jay's stuff. Check out the video demos.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL