The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Pandora's Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
I've always been interested in Japanes puzzle boxes, and I was intrigued to discover a Turkish version whilst on holiday. They call them Pandora's Boxes and I watched the guy creating these wooden carved boxes. They would seem to be larger than the Japanese versions ( ideal for jewelery boxes, either rectangular or hexagonal ) and although they are skillfully carved I'm not sure if the quality would be as good. The moves varied from 2 to 20 of the ones I saw, although some of the moveable pieces were relatively easy to spot. The prices were very reasonable at around 20 pounds stirling for a fairly complicated box. I had every intention of returning to the shop and bringing one home but didn't get round to it.

Is anyone aware of any other countries producing puzzle boxes, and for those that own a true Japanese version, would you say they are the best you can get? The price would certainly suggest that.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Pandora's Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL