The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Braco's Floating Ball- Review please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
195 Posts

Profile of Ilan
If anyone has this trick, please can I get a review on it.

Thanks

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
HogK
View Profile
New user
Denmark
75 Posts

Profile of HogK
Hi,
This is a very talked about effect here, please do a search on it. Or actually I can save you the time as it would be a waste. The conclusion is, don't buy it as it is not practical at all.
Per
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Do a search and you'll find plenty.

99% people out there say its very poor trick.

its just like the old salesman standing in a corner selling an conditioners in a 2 inch by 6 inch box.

:kewl:
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
I think that there is a thread on this one. I purchased this a couple of years ago and I have to say it is probably the worst purchase of magic I have ever made. I hear that Braco actually has another floating ball system which is decent, but after purchasing this, I will never buy anything associated with his name. I felt scammed. Hope this helps.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, it's not Braco who is at fault on this one. It's the people who produced the trick. They charged way too much for it. The translation was horrid. The two or three really genius ideas in the manuscript were buried under the rubble of a bad production.

I've got his other floating ball system. It is considerably better than anything else of its kind, but I'm not going to say any more. I may be translating this in the future.

To put all of this in perspective, Braco was doing IT work before most people knew IT was really available. Only a few magicians were really familiar with it -- Bruno Hennig, Fred Kaps, and later, Steve Duscheck.

Braco's book Schweberoutinen für Tisch und Bühne is still one of the best books on early IT (pre - ITR) work. Martin Breese published a version of it in English called The Thread Book, which follows a long tradition of English publishers who issue books with titles that are in no way similar to the originals.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
Thanks,Bill, for the backround on Braco. Perhaps I was too harsh in saying I would never purchase anything associated with his name. I was ill informed.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I also purchased this, the methods where not what we where paying for I think.Maybe the presentation. I mean, look at Kevin james...a box and a cut off hand. Presentation sells the effect. We definately did pay this money for the props. Simple props, decent method. All in all, I still think it is a poor purchase, translated method of course. Wish Bill would have pointed me in another direction before I bought mine.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If I had known what it was when it was marketed, I would have gladly told everyone. As it turns out, Braco was one of those fellows that I told myself I would meet one day. I finally met him about three years ago when I lectured at Ted Lesley's magic studio in Berlin. Ralf was there and he gave me one of the floating ball manuscripts. We correspond from time to time.

If this had been sold as just a manuscript, I think fewer of us would have felt like we had been taken. But it wasn't.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
This product is absolutely ridiculous. (This is my opinon of this product)

I was advised against any personal attacks and my former opinions deleted.

I was told I am allowed only to offer an opinion of an product, and not my opinion on the the creator of said product or his ethics or business practices. Nor am I allowed to offer my opinons on those who would defend the creater of this product
for creating it and selling it to the magic community. That I was informed would be considered "flaming".

Okay so I apologise for my previous post then. Here is my opinion of this product.

This product, its price and its sale are simply ridiculous.
The method of operation of this product is absolutely ridiculous.
The chances of you actually being able to make the gimmick in this product work as described or hyped are incredibly ridiculous.
The chances you will feel you got what you paid for are, yes you guessed it, ridiculous.

The way this whole product seems to oversell you : YES! ridiculous.

The way the method is not as described in this products ads : ridiculous.

If you read any reviews, you'll know this product has a reputation that is,
YES simply ridiculous!

Just to clarify everything for everyone, here is Merriam-Webster's
definition of the term "ridiculous"

Main Entry: ri·dic·u·lous Pronunciation: r&-'di-ky&-l&sFunction: adjectiveEtymology: Latin ridiculosus (from ridiculum jest, from neuter of ridiculus) or ridiculus, literally, laughable, from ridere to laugh: arousing or deserving ridicule : ABSURD, PREPOSTEROUS
synonym see LAUGHABLE
- ri·dic·u·lous·ly adverb
- ri·dic·u·lous·ness noun

I hope this post meets with the rules, I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions about not offering your HONEST opinion of a product.

"Absolutely ridiculous."

Steven
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-09-27 23:58, haywire wrote:
This product is absolutely ridiculous. (This is my opinon of this product)

I was advised against any personal attacks and my former opinions deleted.

I was told I am allowed only to offer an opinion of an product, and not my opinion on the the creator of said product or his ethics or business practices. Nor am I allowed to offer my opinons on those who would defend the creater of this product
for creating it and selling it to the magic community. That I was informed would be considered "flaming".

Okay so I apologise for my previous post then. Here is my opinion of this product.

This product, its price and its sale are simply ridiculous.
The method of operation of this product is absolutely ridiculous.
The chances of you actually being able to make the gimmick in this product work as described or hyped are incredibly ridiculous.
The chances you will feel you got what you paid for are, yes you guessed it, ridiculous.

The way this whole product seems to oversell you : YES! ridiculous.

The way the method is not as described in this products ads : ridiculous.

If you read any reviews, you'll know this product has a reputation that is,
YES simply ridiculous!

Just to clarify everything for everyone, here is Merriam-Webster's
definition of the term "ridiculous"

Main Entry: ri·dic·u·lous Pronunciation: r&-'di-ky&-l&sFunction: adjectiveEtymology: Latin ridiculosus (from ridiculum jest, from neuter of ridiculus) or ridiculus, literally, laughable, from ridere to laugh: arousing or deserving ridicule : ABSURD, PREPOSTEROUS
synonym see LAUGHABLE
- ri·dic·u·lous·ly adverb
- ri·dic·u·lous·ness noun

I hope this post meets with the rules, I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions about not offering your HONEST opinion of a product.

"Absolutely ridiculous."

Steven

So, Steven. Besides the above, what do you really think of this product? Out with it man!! Don't be shy. And please don't equivocate. (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Braco's ball is full of hot air!

:rotf:
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
One question… Do you own it or have you heard about it. If you don't know the IN details then keep the hot air in your mouth LOL. Let’s hear from the actual buyers. That is just me.

I have only heard bad about it. But that doesn't create an opinion for me. I own the Don Wayne Floating Ball. Made some nice modifications to it. And I am sure if I did not get the Don Wayne Ball I would have gotten this and made it work. Some times people don't take that extra step and make it work. You still have to make the Don Wayne one work to. It just a BALL nothing more nothing less. To make it the floating ball work you have to build the other stuff.

I don't know the inner details but just like to hear from the horse mouth instead of rumors.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Please do a search and go read the previous discussions on this. It's old news which is wasting Steve's server space.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I bought it before buying don wayne's ball, which is excellent.

Braco's ball is simply... ridiculous.

Steven
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you considered buying it within the last three years, you could have gone on this forum, done a search for Braco's Floating Ball, and saved yourself the money you spent on it.

The trick actually will work. But whether it is worth all the trouble to set up may be a different matter.

Peter Tappan does a floating cube that may work on the same principle. I can't say for sure. I know it takes him approximately an hour to set it up. He performs it about once a decade or so at magic conventions. But it isn't practical as a "living room item."

This forum is useful only if you take advantage of all the functions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-09-28 13:41, The Mirror Image wrote:
One question… Do you own it or have you heard about it. If you don't know the IN details then keep the hot air in your mouth LOL. Let’s hear from the actual buyers. That is just me.

The story on this junk is old: It stinks!
:dancing:
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I actually saw Peter Tappan perform his floating cube at the SAM Convention in 1979... it was not good magic.. it got away from him and bounced off the finger of a "helpful" spectator to make it's way back to the stage.

At the beginnning of the routine.. he "pounded" on it.. rather unconvincingly.. and allowed it to float.

the problem with floating magic wehre things really float.. is that there is a distinct lack of control. Zombies.. floating balls.. and other objects work as floating objects because even in their floating state, they ahve weight, momentum and a certain j'en est cai quois that really floating objects don't' have.
Frank_Baehr
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Frank_Baehr
This morning, I have read different posts on Braco´s Floating Ball in The Magic Café. I do not want to judge about the idea and/or routine or the - mostly bad - opinions, I just want to state a two facts:
1. Braco made a small booklet in German about the idea, which he xeroxed and gave as a present to some close friends. To my knowledge, he never sold it to anybody by himself and it was not his plan, that it should be sold by anyone in any form. Years later, he was asked, if the manuscript could be translated in English and he aggreed (without getting any money for it) - after he realized, that it was sold, he really was not lucky about the fact, but it was to late...
2. I have not read the English version of the manuscript, but what Braco described in German was the result of his thoughts and trys to this principle; and he had tried it a lot of times before he wrote it down. I personally have seen it work several times in his flat and I remember that he demonstrated it successful to Norm Nielsen and others at a summer party at Peter R.´s (a name I do not like to write full) house in Berlin, which is also documented by a photo.
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Braco's Floating Ball- Review please. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL