The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Routining question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
I carry a TT with rainbow streamer, a mini chopcup or mini cups and balls, a color monte set, multiplying spongeballs that I use for either the Mark Wilson multiplying billiard balls routine or the Mark Wilson spongeball routine,a stripper deck with a 4 1/2 of hearts, a handful of coins, and either a Fearson IT setup or a UFO card setup. I have a family gathering for the 4th of July and I want to do some walkaround. I do both the Mark Wilson and the Ron Bauer C&B routines. I also do the Mark Wilson Four Coin Assembly using my closeup mat and 2 of my color monte cards. Now the big question is, Can anyone help me set up a coupla routines that flow good and offer variety but only last a few minutes so I move on to another group?

Thanks in advance,
Sammy the Kid
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Not much time partner. I'd vanish a small silk in TT and mini chop cup. Move on.
Do sponge balls and 4 coin assembly, move on. Do a couple of easy to follow card tricks and cup and balls, move on. Rinse and repeat. Bag the IT stuff, you have no control over lighting conditions. Good luck, and I hope you've practiced.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
If the event is outdoors, I gotta agree with Frank--lose the IT stuff, unless you have TOTAL control over where you will be and where the audience will be. IT doesn't work well in direct sunlight!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
1. you have too much stuff
2. I very much like what frank wrote.
3. I like his name too.
4. vanish the silk and have it appear as your final load in your chop cup routine.
and then move on.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Thanks guys! I'm gonna give that vanishing silk to chop cup a run and see how it goes over. I also think the Ron Bauer C&B routine would be the best choice for the walkaround. Its quick easy and no pocketing is involved.

Sammy the Kid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Routining question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL