The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Harness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Well said dave
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
I'd like to know what the doves think.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-12-01 11:43, Xavier wrote:
I'd like to know what the doves think.

When I had my doves, I just asked them, and when I 1st put in on, they did not like it as it was something new. So I asked them where they were uncomfortable and they told me, so I made a few adjustments and they said it was okay now. They also told me they like to be the center of attention and to help me create magic and enjoyment for humans.

Yes, depending on the final effect, the bird will do all the work for you. As in bird on cane or wan, a simple smooth pull and they hop themselves on cue to the correct position. The line only helps to guide them. As with the split, it is just smooth continous actions of the hands and arms.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5077 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Funny post Bill but right on the money. Smooth and gentle is the way to go.
Where the magic begins
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Birdsboro, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
What I found very interesting when we had Fielding West and Johnny Thompson at our Kutztown Convention, both were very much against the use of invisible harnesses - They both maintained they put too much stress on the dove. Fielding, in his workshop, spent a good 10 minutes on why using an invisible harness was not good.

Just thought I'd bring this up as an addition to the post.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5077 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
It all comes down to a matter of opinion. If you're going to use them, just be careful with the handling and think of the dove.
Where the magic begins
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
I think it's great so many magician's are contributing to this discussion.

I realise there are many different opinions and all must be considered. I just want to be clear that my comments are just that and they are by no means intented as attacks to any members of the Café.

Peace and happiness to you all.

:)
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5077 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
No problem Xavier. One thing you'll find here in the Polly forum is that we almost never consider a post an attack. We all love our birds and understand what is good for one is not always good for another. It's good that everyone contributes what works for them. There is always something to learn.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible Harness (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL