The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Gags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The best ball line I've ever heard is Johnny Fox's. I believe that Scotty York included it (with attribution) in one of his manuscripts.
Joshua Holmstadt
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Joshua Holmstadt
If you tell the spectator to shuffle the cards and they do a horrible job at it "or you could just bend the h*** out of them!"
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Talking about shuffling, I like the one where you ask the spectator to shuffle the cards, and when they start shuffling you then say 'And when you're finnished, put them back in the same order so I can continue with this trick'
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
murdo
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of murdo
Quote:
On 2005-06-29 06:33, sjdavison wrote:
Not a fan of 'gags' or pre-planned one liners - I prefer to ad-lib, and just go with I what I perceive the humour of the group to be.

I think forced gags can sound horrendously tacky - quick wit I believe is far more entertaining!

Quick wit is far more entertaining - so many times a good line comes to you from what the group is saying. Sometimes they even come up with a better gag than you ever could.

BUT.. once you've got that line, you've got it. If you can deliver it ad-lib again and again, don't throw it away just because it's prepared. After all the rest of what you say is pretty much prepared.

And as for the ball jokes - I rarely have to do them. The audience is usually WAY ahead.

Just my £0.02 (that's about $.018 at the moment I think)
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Quote:
On 2005-07-02 13:13, Michael Baker wrote:

Kent (magicman845),

Your lines are great! Are you familiar with Henry Cho, the Korean/American comedian from Knoxville, Tennessee? Biologically, he is 100% oriental, but speaks like a full-blown hillbilly redneck. Funny guy!

~michael

Thanks Michael! I really try to poke fun at myself rather than my spectators. It also helps control the odd heckler - after all, what more harm can he do if I'm already laughing at myself?!

A Chinese Redneck? I can't even do a good Chinese accent and this guy sounds like Jeff Foxworthy? Now I'm jealous! Smile

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
A bit of a racy line happened tonight. I was working for a bunch of 20-year-olds and was doing the multiplying bunnies. When I put 'dad' and 'mom' rabbits in the hand of the lady and made all the typical jokes ('lets give them some privacy') etc... she opened her hand to find all the babies and screamed "oh my god!"

I joked and said "that's exactly what mommy rabbit was saying about 30 seconds ago!"

It's a bit risque but certainly got a huge laugh!

a.
Logic Defied
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That is a funny line!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
Just going of the beaten track a bit, I use the clean hands joke and have never heard it from another magician, I have also never heard of any of the guys previous people have stated as having created the gag? It's not exactly the most intellectual of jokes and anyone who thinks they thought of it first must in a world of their own. Theres is nothing truly new anywhere , everything is inspired by or just completely ripped of from something else. Remeber imitation is the greastest form of flattery. Anywho...
Keep passing the open windows!
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
Most of my humor is spur of the moment, but occasionally I will use sponge words, they sell a set of seventeen sponge words at ronjo.com, the name of the trick is take my word for it.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Lines and gags may be copywrited if you copywrite them with the Library of Congress. You can do this with a PA form from them. I copywrite some of my writings this way.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
EscapeMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of EscapeMaster
Well as they are copyrighted, Jim, why don't you share a few of them with us?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
So, anyone have anymore? Do you prefer sarcastic humour or plain humour etc?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Gags (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL