The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Comedy gospel routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Hey guys,
just a thought,
Does anyone have a favorite COMEDY gospel routine? Havent seen many on the market so I figured those that have it have probably filled in the patter themselves.
Thanks for any input
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
I created one called "Who's the Sinner?" modeled after Bob Markwood's "Who's the Greatest?" with his permission. It is the same principle as Top Ten by Don Wayne.

It presents teaching moments about the lives of various sinners in the Bible: David, Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Peter, Paul, Jonah, etc. Selection was made as a prediction.

A volunteer is brought up on stage and seated in a chair. They are shown and selection of "sinners" and teaching takes place. You then place one of the cards on a stand as a prediction. Then you pick up a second pile of cards and stand up front you let the audience in on an apprent force as you ask the volunteer to stop you at one of the cards as you ask "Who is the greatest sinner?" The apparent force is a finger pointing at the volunteer, but every time you show the next card it is upside down pointing at you. In a struggle you keep turning the cards rightside up only for the next one to be pointing at you again. Finally, the the selection is made and it is placed against the volunteer's chest. You now proceed to the revelation and ask the volunteer to jump up and show his card to the audinece. The card says, "You are!" and has an arrow pointing directly at the performer. You ignore the card and loudly say, "That's right (persons name), you are!" If you prompt correctly they will say, "No, you are!" and you can start a word tussle, "Not me, you," etc.

Finally stopping you say "There should only be one sinner we worry about being in the Bible and that is the one You call me. You turn over the prediction and it is a big "Not You, ME" The most important sinner I can find in the Bible is Me. Read it every day.

This is a personal favorite because of the solid lessons and humility it teaches and the fun time it creates for all. Get the pastor up or a favorite Sunday School teacher and you can have a great time.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Interesting Idea
thansk for the input
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
I like the one that coms after the SOLDIER and the deck of cards routine is done. It's the one where you spell O-N=E, T-W-O etc and the cards appear, and you explain O-N-E represents one God, one Bible etc. It ends with King of Hearts (representing Jesus is King of my heart)

The comedy starts with a member of the audience comin up to learnt he trick but since he is new, he is started off with just the cards ONE to FIVE. When explained and demonstarted by the magi, the correct card appears but when done by the person, the KH appears, again and again, and a patter is built on the person being so eager to talk about Jesus, Jesus returning again etc. Not too well described I suppose but I learnt it and it has been quite hilarious especialy with a sporting person (or using an unsuspecting church leader). I keep using lines to the effect of "Yes I know you love Jesus and want to talk about Him, but I am trying to explain how to do a magic trick here ..." And in the end I give up and say, ok, let's talk about Jesus.
Many Blessings!!

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Comedy gospel routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL