The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My review for Chronologue by Bob Cassidy. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Well in one word. BRILLIANT. It's VERY BRILLIANT I tell ya. Basically, you tell the people, a deck of cards is just like a calender. There's 52 cards 52 weeks in a year. There are 12 Court Cards 12 Months. 13 values, 13 weeks in each season. 4 season's 4 suits. If you add all the cards Jack being 11, and so on, add a joker you get 365, the same amount of days in a year. You ask someone to think of a date, such as August 19 (My Birthday...lol). March 24...ECT. You then say it's bad luck to pick your B-Day so you probably need to change your mind now. (This happens like 70% of the time so you get a bonus Mind Reading moment....lol). You ask if the date is odd or even, such as April 1 being odd and November 22 being even. Let's say they say odd. Now here's a line I use if they say odd. I say "It's odd you should say that I got a prediction here". Let's say they chose August 19th. You pull out a Pocket Calender. You show there is a different playing card by each date. You say check it out, make sure it's in no order. obviously the cards will repeat because you got 52 going into 365, but make sure cards are randomly written throughout the pocket calender. When you are satisfied, go to your date a date there'e NO WAY, I could know in ADVANCE you would MERELY think of. You got it. Okay read out loud the Card writeen on your date. The 4 of Diamonds. I then take it back, and say, look if you would've chose March 2, you would've had the 2 of clubs, and so on. Right here in the Front flap I have a envelope, with a prediction inside. You pull out face up ONE CARD you can show the envelope EMPTY and the card is the 4D. Yes, that MY OWN Presentation, but buy Bob Cassidy's "Mental Miracles" to see his presentation. IT KILLS. Anyway from 1-10, I rate it a 9, with 10 being the best. This Effect IS Examinable to a Big Degree, BEFORE showing the prediction. Since they handle it, it shouldn't arouse suspicion. I'm TELLING YOU, they WILL NOT figure this AWESOME Mentalism feat. Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
wizardofthenorth
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of wizardofthenorth
Hi All,
I have been using Chronologue for years both in close up and on stage and in both situations it is awesome but presentation is everything!
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
Even better are the possible variations that can be applied to many things time, places etc. once you know the secret.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4856 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Excellent review Eddini. Thanks for sharing.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Eddini – Thanks for another superb review.

There are a couple of similar effects in “Artful Mentalism”. On the other hand, it seems there are minor differences in method. For instance, I can’t figure out why it’s necessary to ask if the date is odd or even.

Thanks,

Elliott
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Well you SOMEHOW need to know without going into method. On his tape he jokes. Like "Ahhh yes it's the day the rash cleared up" or something to that effect. Like I said it's never aroused suspicion. I throw in a joke as I said. If they say odd, I say "Well it's odd you should say that because I got a prediction here", I then pull out the book. I don't have any of his written work just the video. I do the store bought version, with the prediction being in the front (or whatever) flap. I pull out the prediction. I've noticed people here saying they use wallets. I like the envelope idea though. Why? Because you show only ONE CARD, then I show the EMPTY envelope. I guess though thinking on it you don't have to ask if it's a Even or Odd date. I guess you could ask for the date itself. I never really thought about that since this isn't a Mind Reading "Feat". Also I DON'T carry the "stuff" on me in pockets. I have the Ronjo Close-Up case. It's a drawer fashion case. (GREAT CASE BTW). Underneath you have room to carry there close-up mat. That's where I keep the stuff. I know where to grab. Like I said this kills. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).

Quote:
On 2005-07-03 13:13, ElliottB wrote:
Eddini – Thanks for another superb review.

There are a couple of similar effects in “Artful Mentalism”. On the other hand, it seems there are minor differences in method. For instance, I can’t figure out why it’s necessary to ask if the date is odd or even.

Thanks,

Elliott

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Yes. You can just ask the spectator to call out any month and day that is important to them.

Thanks again,

Elliott
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Well, at least once I'll try this tonight this way. I'll tell you how it goes. Thanks Again, Ed, (Eddini).
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Well, I did try it be having them just say their date. The effect was pretty strong still. I only have done it once. I still need to do it this way to really judge it. I need to watch Bob Cassidy's Mental Miracles Tape again to really see his presentation. Again THIS KILLS, Ed, (Eddini).
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
I think Chronolouge is excellent!

The only bad thing I have heard said about it is that some of the pages in the diary look like they have been printed by a printer and not by hand.

To be honest though - it would only take a short while to make up two new diary anyway.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I love mind andI use it all the time

Chris
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
351 Posts

Profile of Rudy
My Chronologue has two misprints for the dates. In the odd calander the two misprinted dates are for Jan 17 and Feb 19. The cards are wrong. Since these were mass produced, I'm sure there are a lot of them out there. You'll have to cross out the wrong card and pencil in the right card. I hope you all check yours. Thanks.

Rudy
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
351 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Ooops

The Feb date should read as Feb 9 NOT Feb 19 as stated. Sorry guys. Don't forget to check yours.

Rudy
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4448 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I love Chronologue and take it to all my gigs and yes it does kill. I have even done a trick as I as the main act of the plymouth magic circle christmas dinner in 2004, I performed this, and had a sealed deck which I had given a spectator to hold throughout the whole routine. Date was named etc and card, then the celophane was taken off by the spectator, then the seal split and the cards were looked through. The named card was not in the deck. Coincidence, I think not
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
308 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
In an attempt not to raise an old thread, I must add a new discovery for me. I recently came upon an effect called "Bang On". This is excellent for "Chronologue" and you don't need two calendars. Of course you need the other items and it's sort of a trade off, but I feel this is a better way of performing both. Why, because it makes no difference what card they name or what date is selected, you can easily produce their selected card. Just a thought I wanted to share.

Thanks for listening!
Bill
immr1drfl
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of immr1drfl
Thanks Bill I will look into Bang on. Chronologue is in the drawer.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1812 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I loved Chronologue when I used to wear a jacket.

I used to do it all the time.

The books take up a lot of pocket space.

I wish they made smaller books.

Link to samaller books (that can be made into Chronologue books) anybody?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
If presented well, this is an incredible trick. I've been doing it constantly for probably ten years. I agree that the printing looks unrealistic. (After I wore out my original chronologue, I made one up myself and it looks much more natural). Very strong effect.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1106 Posts

Profile of caigy
Hi Neznarf,

these are great and sit nicely in your back pocket. I searched the t'internet and found 2 cheap 2009 one's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diary-2008-A7-One-We......53.l1262

Hope it helps,

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My review for Chronologue by Bob Cassidy. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL