The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My review for Chronologue by Bob Cassidy. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
And what if they say "no"?

With respect, I'll stick to the 'standard' presentation, Charlie.

I don't really see any added benefits to your version - but a possible major embarrassment. Smile
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3229 Posts

Profile of warren
In regards to the cards used for this if making up your own diary I presume any cards could be used for the outcome or have the cards used been selected for a reason ie they blend in better or something ?
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, warren wrote:
In regards to the cards used for this if making up your own diary I presume any cards could be used for the outcome or have the cards used been selected for a reason ie they blend in better or something ?

I'm sorry warren but I cannot answer that question. It's not mine to reveal. Don't rip off the inventor, buy the trick if you are interested in it. Smile
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3229 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, James Fortune wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2017, warren wrote:

I'm sorry warren but I cannot answer that question. It's not mine to reveal. Don't rip off the inventor, buy the trick if you are interested in it. Smile

James surely it's more than obvious from my post that I actually do own the effect in fact I purchased it well over 10 years ago fro Viking magic although its was under the name of Collector workshop and to be honest I don't think my question was giving anything away regards to the method etc where as if you read the other thread that asks for a review of Chronologue people are revealing quite a bit in regards to method ???
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1016 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I think Bob discussed liking certain black spot cards because they show up well from the stage.
Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

Preshow Announcements Sample & INSTANT DOWNLOAD

Rindercella Story

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Sorry warren, I misread your post. I apologise. My bad. 😞

What Tim said.
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3229 Posts

Profile of warren
No worries James it's an easy mistake to make, it's all good and thanks Tim and yourself James for your replies.
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
New user
MN
93 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
I like the card to calendar plot b/c it seems SO IMPOSSIBLE that a selected card could appear on a named date.
But here's some weaknesses:
1) Having to rely on multiple "outs" or "whatevers", - You must carry more stuff in your pockets,
2) Using a hand-written calendar - I know some performer think it looks more authentic, but it makes it harder for audience to see it. I've used both hand-written and printed calendars, and it truly makes no difference in astonishment level,
3) Only having a limited number of final cards that are named. - I do lots of restaurant work, where a customer might see the conclusion of the effect at another table, or they might be a repeat customer who has seen the effect. If the effect is super-strong, then it would be better if you could show it again without fear of a repeated result.
4) Pattern recognition. The best type of calendar trick would have no fear of this. Spectators should be able to freely examine.

PreDate solves all those problems. It uses only 1 calendar, which could be printed on paper or your Phone. Any date can be named, with 43 possible outcomes. And there's no memorizing, as the built-in crib sheet is hidden in plain sight.

Click here to view attached image.
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3229 Posts

Profile of warren
That sounds interesting Bob, I have a question do I have to use a stacked deck of cards for this effect or would I be able to perform a different effect with my deck and then go straight into your effect?
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
James,
You asked 'And what if they say "no"?
In all the years I have been using this no one has ever said NO when asking future/past question.
As soon as the spec mentions a date I immediately follow with the question.
Charlie
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
New user
MN
93 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 12, 2019, warren wrote:
That sounds interesting Bob, I have a question do I have to use a stacked deck of cards for this effect or would I be able to perform a different effect with my deck and then go straight into your effect?

No stacked deck required. Here's a video of me performing the trick after someone shuffles the deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPhhOh3IG94&t=13s

The calendar uses a stack so you don't have to!
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
One of the most important aspects of Chronologue is that it doesn't come across as a card trick. Bob Cassidy did not want it to have a "card trick" feel to it, so it has been shaped to seem more like mental magic. There is no deck of cards used. The audience only ever sees a single card, and that is taken out of the calendar, not from a deck.
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
New user
MN
93 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 15, 2019, DelMagic wrote:
... it doesn't come across as a card trick....

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My review for Chronologue by Bob Cassidy. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL