The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Help with PK gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
Are "M5 magnet the same as rare earth" or Neodynamium...(SP?) I am just wondering which to buy
Jack Of Hearts!
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
I'm not quite sure, however the m5 is supposed to be "the most powerful pk gimmick on the market"? I'm not sure and I also know that quote isn't exactly right but very close. I know the part about it being the best is right though. Can anyone tell me if the X-flip coin is what you guys wanted?
theaceofspades
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of theaceofspades
No radio Shack in the Uk? indeed, yes we do. It is a company called Maplin. They just trade under a different name in the UK!
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
The X-Flip coin at ellusionist is not available in U.K. as it is a different currency. Is there somewhere that sells them in the U.K.?
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
I use a medium size Pk, and you can get this from industrial warehouses. As for the watch thing, yes you can damage the expensive kind very easy.
UJ
View Profile
New user
Finland
71 Posts

Profile of UJ
I discovered that in the U.S., Hobby Lobby sells cheap, small and powerful magnets that I've used for many PK-effects. The ones at Hobby Lobby come in at least three different sizes and don't cost much anything but they're not as large and powerful as the bat or the M5.

Good luck,
UJ
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Re: Bart's November, 13, 2002. post ("Try posting this question in the mentalism catagory, and I think you'll get some very helpful answers").

Is the mentalism section and other sections only open to someone, will you please advise how to navigate over to these specific category sections.

Also, how does a person check his prior posts. I forgot some threads I responded to and I'd like to keep up with those threads.

Thanks,

Turk

P.S. Regarding PK effects and street magic (or other close-up magic), is the PK effect (i.e. method) becoming so well known by laypersons that it is risky of getting
"grabbed" or otherwise exposed by a rude or obnoxious spectator? Any PK horror stories in this vein and how you overcame the same?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
Vernet makes a TT that contains a rare earth magnet in it for $10. I got mine from magicsmith.com
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
idreamz
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of idreamz
The M5 uses a huge neo magnet, 2"x2" x "0.5" You can get smaller, but reasonably sized and equally powerful magnets in old h********. PM me if you really want to know. I get my magnets there and it's cheap, easy and works perfectly well. Smile
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
If you have a old computer, there is a earth magnet inside of it.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Just to clarify the above post.
In the hard drive are the magnets you want (the L shape ones). Get an old knackered HD and get the magnets out.

The coin I use for the effect is the one I got with my flipper coin. It is magnetized steel pressed into form, then coated.

A way to use the magnet would be to attach a length of elastic to it, then use it as a pull to take it up your sleeve. (I bet I get modded for that last bit)
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Babymagician
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Babymagician
Get magnet number 5. The best magnet that they carry.
rmwilson
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of rmwilson
Red switch in a light bulb. I remember years ago hearing you could use a k to light a light bulb. After much asking-around research, I found out I needed a reed switch then; the problem became I could never find one of those. I just did a Google search after seeing the PK topic and found a reed switch supplier:
http://www.reedswitchdevelopments.com/

But I can't remember how a light bulb would be set up using one. Does any one know?

Ryan
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Chazpro. Look for the new M10.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Benjamino
View Profile
New user
Missouri
1 Post

Profile of Benjamino
Anyone know the Br and Bh of the M5?
jezza pk magic
View Profile
New user
bristol uk
15 Posts

Profile of jezza pk magic
Hi,

If anyone needs info on magnets in UK,or any other things,please feel free to email me. This is MY subject,i.love.magnets!

I have a mate in the business and he always sends me little gifts for me to experiment with. I do a few of my own tricks with these too. The m10? This must be new. What number is it, nwhat?

Thanks.

jezza
how many times must i say,"i wish i thought of that"?
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
I bought some 2"X2"X1/4" Magnets N38 or N45 with the polarity THROUGH the THICKNESS but I found the magnetic sweat spot wasn't in the middle. It was more towards the ends or edges. Apparently you would need a long cone shaped magnet to do that. They were powerful enough to erase the Charge Cards though. Be careful what you wish for.

I also played with them through a table and was able to stand regular Canadian Loonies (naturally magnetic material) up on end and flip them over. When they found the centre of the magnetic field (not the magnet) they responded mysteriously.

I also had a Magi friend who demonstrated the time stopping properties on my watch. The watch then sat in my dresser for years, broken. Wound but unable to tell time. One day I took it out and it began to run. Sporatically at first, but now it runs fine, if you don't mind being early for appointments.

just my $25 worth...
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
Maaaagic!
View Profile
New user
Maidenhead, UK
43 Posts

Profile of Maaaagic!
What are Canadian Loonies? I bet we've got a few of them over here in the UK.
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
Candadian money is almost as wonderful as British.
So many pretty colours and sizes.

The Loon is a bird that we see on our lakes that has a unique call and is distinctively recognizable. It dives down and comes up somewhere else. It's a symbol of our vast remote wilderness.

The "Loonie" is our latest 1 dollar coin.
We also have a bi-metal "Twoonie" 2 dollar coin.
They have replaced our lower paper currencies.

The are magnetic in nature. If you carry a magnet in your pocket you can significantly reduce the chatter and ease their removal.

We also have lunie bins for our lunatics. Although most of us have been let out now, due to cutbacks.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
Maaaagic!
View Profile
New user
Maidenhead, UK
43 Posts

Profile of Maaaagic!
Thanks G LaBarre,
I can now impress my mates with this new piece of knowledge - I'm pretty sure they don't know more than me about birds that dive!
Maybe we are lucky in the UK that our coins are not naturally magnetic - helps eliminate the possibility that magnets have been employed.
I don't use magnets but is there any way of magnetising the strip in paper money or do you clever lot replace it with something else?
Ta,
d
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Help with PK gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL