The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What is your absolute favorite video series? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
If you could only pick 1 video series to classify as your favorite which would it be?

There are soooooo many good video series out there that this one is tough to answer.

I'd have to say Tommy Wonder's "Visions of Wonder" is my absolute favorite series.

What about you? Please only list 1 video series.

Kind regards,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tommy Wonder's "Visions of Wonder" is fantastic. For entertainment and incredible magic, Bill Malone's for the secrets to real magic, Al Schneider!!! For killer card magic, Ammar's forst 6 Easy To master Card Miracles.

Richard, good thread to start!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I don't know why I'm missing out on Tommy Wonder's stuff.. so that's on my "definite buy" list. From what I have, I'd have to go with Bill Malone. Awesome card stuff and such a great performer.
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
I second Visions Of Wonder. Also Richard Osterlinds Mynd Mysteries.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I third it Visions Of Wonder is a must have!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Mind Mysteries

As a mentalist I think I'll even buy Visions of Wonder sometime just to see Tommy work! I've been pondering it for quite some time.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I go with Brain Storm Card Magic, but I need to buy the Tommy Wonder set because I don´t have it
BillWheeler
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
80 Posts

Profile of BillWheeler
I will also go with the Bill Malone DVDs. He imparts a lot of lessons outside of teaching you how the tricks work.
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Stars of magic - paul Harris
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Mind Mysteries - Osterlind (vol.1 is one of the best DVD's I have ever seen)
ETMMM - Osterlind
PSI series - Banachek

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17136 Posts

Profile of joseph
Bill Malone set....
Daryl's Fooler Doolers....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Visions of Wonder
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Vision Of Wonders and Secret Files set
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
I cant believe the stars of magic series with Paul Harris has only been named by me. This set is priceless and probably the best tapes I have ever bought!
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Bill Malone On the Loose
Michael Ammar Easy To Master Card Miracles
David Regal Tricks, More Tricks, and Enough with The Tricks Already

I can't believe no one has mentioned David Regal's name yet. His effects are top notch and the performances are VERY entertaining.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
David Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
The Petrick and Mia set.
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
What about Darwin Ortiz Card Shark
Smile Smile Smile
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Everyone's choices are VERY good.

Ortiz's DVDs are some of my favorites as well and he it truly amazing, yet his video series is restricted to card effects. Bill Malone's set is great because he mixes up many different types of effects and also gives some tips on becomming a more successful magician. It is very difficult picking just one favorite DVD set and many of the replies here listed more than one. I have not viewed the Paul Harris set yet if it is anything like Art of Astonishment then it must be amazing.

I selected Tommy Wonder's set because it has cards, coins, cups and balls, item to impossible location, audience interaction, and the effects flowed together. The explanations were clear and Tommy dicussed many important themes within magic. Magician in trouble, conflict, misdirection, and proper routine construction. Tommy's DVD set not only has incredible material but you get to peek inside the mind of a true genius. There are many magician foolers on this DVD set yet the effects are all powerful and entertaining for laymen. In addition, many of the effects are practical and can be performed in a strolling type setting. Above all, this set is entertaining!

Thank you everyone so far for listing your favorite DVD set. Keep them coming and please just try to list one. This is what makes it difficult because there are many to choose from. Only choose one.

Kind regards,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
green
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of green
Bill Ma-lone!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What is your absolute favorite video series? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL