The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Sponge Snack from Bill Abbott's DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
In the description of the "Bill Abbott Performs Stand Up Magic" DVD, it describes his Sponge Snack routine simply as: a silent opener. Can anyone give an actual description of the effect? I've heard good things about the other two routines on the DVD, "the Thing" and "Chico the Mind Reader", but comments about the Sponge Snack have not been so prevalent. Any description or help regarding the routine would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Alex
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Hey Zombieboy,
I do not own the DVD, but I saw Bill perform this in lecture. The effect is, he takes out a little lunch box (a very little lunch box) and takes out a vase shaped coil and a sponge. He puts the sponge in his mouth and starts to chew. He gets a disgusted look on his face and spits it out into his hand. Then out of nowhere comes another ball from his mouth. He spits it into his hand. This is repeated and repeated - balls just keep coming from the mouth until he runs out of room and starts to put them away into his pockets. There are some funny moments like when he takes one out of his mouth and puts it in front of his eye. Then another, and puts it in front of his eye, then another pops out of his mouth. You really need to see the routine to understand the humor. At the end, a gigantic ball comes out of his mouth. This is the routine I saw. I would imagine it was the version on the DVD since he was promoting the DVD at his lecture.
Dann
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Thanks! You really cleared up the vauge description. This routine is probably the same as the one on the DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Sponge Snack from Bill Abbott's DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL