The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Strolling Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
So what is the "Mike Mode's Nun/None " routine and where can it be found?

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Floating bill and sponge balls/bunnies. They are no where near most difficult thing that I can do, but they sure have paid my bills and gotten me a ton of dates over the years. As a matter of fact that is how I meet my current girlfriend.
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Oh, hovercard as well, gotta love that one.
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Hey Bill I get requests for the sponge bunnies.

I would say my best strolling card effect is the invisible deck. My best noncard effect would be the pothole.
magicmode
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of magicmode
Quote:
On 2005-07-14 23:11, Nicodemus wrote:

- Nicodemus

Nicodemus,

When I first released the NUN! I never thought it would get the response that it has. It's become a permanent fixture in Billy McComb's pocket among many other well known pros. Aye Jaye even taught it to Muhammed Ali because he liked it so much... how cool is that! There was a picture of Muhammed learning the trick in the Linking Ring a few months back.

It's a simple coin trick with sight gag/pun thrown in for laughs. You show a quarter and ask if the spectator is good at math. I tell them that I'll make the question multiple choice so it's easier - the answer will either be "one" or "none". I ask them how many coins are in my hand and they reply, "one". I then remove the coin and ask them how many coins are left - they reply, "none". I then open my hand to reveal a small plastic Catholic Nun.

That's it! It doesn't sound like much but it plays very well with non-magi folk.

It's available from most dealers or at http://napkinrose.com/order.html

Thanks for asking!

Michael mode
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2005-07-15 01:53, Countage wrote:
Hey Bill I get requests for the sponge bunnies.

I would say my best strolling card effect is the invisible deck. My best noncard effect would be the pothole.

Gotta love the bunnies guys, ya just gotta love the bunnies...LOL
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Absolutley the bunnies!

For strolling with cards: Card on Forehead (or hat band)

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-07-12 16:30, Chris Jones wrote:
So does turning out the lights and throwing water on folks.

Chris

I take it you have never performed the bunnies in the real world. If you had, and you had done it right then you would understand the power of this simple effect. However, maybe you were talking about a different effect. Care to elaborate on your comment?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
That Magic Guy
View Profile
New user
Orlando, Fl
55 Posts

Profile of That Magic Guy
I'll do card warp with jumbo cards and a coins across routine.
Mark,
That magic guy
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Non Card- PK Time (done properly you could start your own religeon)
Cards-Signed card to match box(can be done anywhere with all the impact you could as for.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-07-15 17:28, magicmode wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-07-14 23:11, Nicodemus wrote:

- Nicodemus

Nicodemus,

When I first released the NUN! I never thought it would get the response that it has. It's become a permanent fixture in Billy McComb's pocket among many other well known pros. Aye Jaye even taught it to Muhammed Ali because he liked it so much... how cool is that! There was a picture of Muhammed learning the trick in the Linking Ring a few months back.

It's a simple coin trick with sight gag/pun thrown in for laughs. You show a quarter and ask if the spectator is good at math. I tell them that I'll make the question multiple choice so it's easier - the answer will either be "one" or "none". I ask them how many coins are in my hand and they reply, "one". I then remove the coin and ask them how many coins are left - they reply, "none". I then open my hand to reveal a small plastic Catholic Nun.

That's it! It doesn't sound like much but it plays very well with non-magi folk.

It's available from most dealers or at http://napkinrose.com/order.html

Thanks for asking!

Michael mode

This effect is sofunny and clever. get ti and you will perform it forever. Even did it at a Knights OF Colombus fair and they loved it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Strolling Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL