The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Haunted deck Spider Pen hookup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nootilus
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of nootilus
Hi
Can anyone advise me on the hookup method for using loops and a spider pen for the haunted deck, I can do the haunted deck without the spider pen, but there was a posting a while back about being able to do this at a distance with a ITR or spider pen, how does this connect to the loop?

Thanks very much..
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Im not sure its our place to describe the hook ups since the haunted deck effect is sold as part of "Loops" by Yigel Mesika and other haunted deck effects such as "Spooked" by Nick Einhorn etc. contain their own hookups too. So if you want the hookups I think the right thing to do is purchase the relevant manuscripts.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
nootilus
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of nootilus
Mustang
Thanks very much for the post, I have animated miracles by Mr Mesika, and also loops (5 of in a packet) and also the spider pen, I fully understand the way the haunted deck works and indeed use it frequently, when I wish to leave an audience scratching their heads for a long time after, however what I don't understand is the hookup between the loop and the Spider pen for being able to accomplish this at a distance, there is definately no mention of it in animated miracles or the paperwork that came with the pen or loops, (unless I have overlooked it). the only method I can think of would put too much pressure in too small an area on the loop, any info would be appreciated, or do you know of any documentation that will be of further use?
Thanks
Nootilus
PS. I would just like to add that the spider pen, and indeed the loop are the most fun items I have purchased in a long time, the reactions on peoples faces is absolutely phenomenal.
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
Nootilus,

I think your confusion lies in wanting to use loops and a spider pen. I've used many different hook ups for the haunted deck effect, each has strengths and weaknesses, but I've never needed to combine a loop and another type of I.T. such as the kind that comes out of the spider pen.

Do a hook up using either a spider pen or an ITR only and then use their capabilities to move away from the deck before it starts to move.

If I'm mistaken and you're looking for a specific set up that involves a loop and an ITR of some sort then I apologize for my ignorance but I can't see any advantage that using the two together would give you.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Haunted deck Spider Pen hookup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL